FTP Upload

I have been trying to get TMS Webcopy to upload via FTP to a commercial
server for weeks but with some large zip files the progress dialog does
not close. When this ocurrs the only way I can exit my application is
via the taskmanager by killing the process. The file is uploaded
successfully despite this.
Are there any good components or source that works well?
I know that Indy can do this but I am not sure how it works.
Regards,
Bill

Re:FTP Upload

Have you tried TMSs newsgroups or emailing TMS directly,
they can often sort you out quickly.
Rgds Pete
"Bill" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Bill writes:
Are there any good components or source that works well?
I know that Indy can do this but I am not sure how it works.
idftp1.Host:='ftpserver';
idftp1.Username:='myusername';
idftp1.Password:='mypassword';
idftp1.Passive:=true; // set this if you are on a shared host, etc
idftp1.Connect(true, 30); // connect and login..
idftp1.ChangeDir('somedir'); // change directory relative to current dir
caption:=idftp1.RetrieveCurrentDir; // get current path
idftp1.Put('c:\nxddcg.zip', 'nxddcg.zip', false); // put up file
idftp1.Quit; // log out
procedure TForm1.IdFTP1Work(Sender: TObject; AWorkMode: TWorkMode;
const AWorkCount: Integer);
begin
caption:=inttostr(aworkcount);
end;
will show the size of the file uploadeds progress - if you get the
files size to start with you can set the max etc, as well any k/s etc
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re:FTP Upload

Are you using the latest version ?
What is 'large size' ? There has been an issue in the past
with large filesizes (>100MB iirc) but that has been fixed meanwhile.
--
Kind regards,
Bruno Fierens

Re:FTP Upload

Thanks very much Liz. I have it working nicely.
Regards,
Bill

Re:FTP Upload

Are there any good components or source that works well?
I know that Indy can do this but I am not sure how it works.
see WinInet Component Suite at www.winsoft.sk/wininet.htm
Erik Salaj