ShellListView replacement

I am looking for components to replace the ShellListView component with a
similar component with the following features:
- Ability to apply a file mask (or filter)
- Ability to remove a file from the list.
- and preferably, a possibility to append files from different folders
to the same list.
I need a component with the source code.
Ian

Re:ShellListView replacement

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, "Ian R" <Ian Roberts at
Yahoo>says...
I am looking for components to replace the ShellListView component with a
similar component with the following features:

- Ability to apply a file mask (or filter)
- Ability to remove a file from the list.
- and preferably, a possibility to append files from different folders
to the same list.

I need a component with the source code.
No need for a new component, just write an OnAddfolder handler and
ignore what you don't want.
This doesn't allow htm? files to be shown:
procedure TForm1.ShellListView1AddFolder(Sender: TObject;
AFolder: TShellFolder; var CanAdd: Boolean);
begin
if Pos('htm', AFolder.DisplayName)>0then
CanAdd := False;
end;

Re:ShellListView replacement

No need for a new component, just write an OnAddfolder handler and
ignore what you don't want.
But, is there a way, once the files has been added to the list, to remove
some of them? (or course, I don't mean deleting the file, but remove its
entry from the list.

Ian R writes:
>No need for a new component, just write an OnAddfolder handler and
>ignore what you don't want.

But, is there a way, once the files has been added to the list, to
remove some of them? (or course, I don't mean deleting the file, but
remove its entry from the list.

Ian
Yes, by keeping a stringlist of the files you want to hide and
then refreshing it.