Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

VCLSkin www.link-rank.com/
ThemeWizard www.ksdev.com/themewizard/index.html
SUI www.batchconverter.com/SUIPack-download-10261.shtml
I'm experiencing a few bugs in VCLSkin which otherwise is almost right for
me.
Anyone got any recommendations on these or others please?

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

I have been trying to get VCLSkin to work in my app and it is pretty close
but still not quite there.
I am running into problems with TcxDBCheckBox (DevExpress checkbox
component) and it doesn't seem to handle nested forms any deeper than 1
level.
Otherwise, real nice component and EXCELLENT support.
Best Regards,
Shane
www.StumpWare.com
"Eric Carlson" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
VCLSkin www.link-rank.com/
ThemeWizard www.ksdev.com/themewizard/index.html
SUI www.batchconverter.com/SUIPack-download-10261.shtml

I'm experiencing a few bugs in VCLSkin which otherwise is almost right for
me.
Anyone got any recommendations on these or others please?

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

I am running into problems with TcxDBCheckBox (DevExpress checkbox
component) and it doesn't seem to handle nested forms any deeper than 1
level.
Did you call the manual skinning method after you create the form inside the
other form?
(forget what it is called).

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

Yep - AddNestForm - only works one level deep as far as I can tell.
Regards,
Shane
www.StumpWare.com
"Bob" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>I am running into problems with TcxDBCheckBox (DevExpress checkbox
>component) and it doesn't seem to handle nested forms any deeper than 1
>level.

Did you call the manual skinning method after you create the form inside
the other form?

(forget what it is called).

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

Try creating the form, visible=false, skin it, then parent it.
"Shane Stump" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>>I am running into problems with TcxDBCheckBox (DevExpress checkbox
>>component) and it doesn't seem to handle nested forms any deeper than 1
>>level.
>
>Did you call the manual skinning method after you create the form inside
>the other form?
>
>(forget what it is called).

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

"Bob" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Try creating the form, visible=false, skin it, then parent it.
Hey now that may be one of my problems, can you be more specific please?

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

Pan found my problem - I thought I needed to specify the parent form in the
first parameter and it needs to be the top form!
Now if I can just get VCLSkin to work with TcxDBCheckBox and QG5, I will
finally have skinning in my app!
Best Regards,
Shane
www.StumpWare.com
"Bob" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>Yep - AddNestForm - only works one level deep as far as I can tell.
>
>Regards,
>
>Shane
>www.StumpWare.com
>
>"Bob" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>>I am running into problems with TcxDBCheckBox (DevExpress checkbox
>>>component) and it doesn't seem to handle nested forms any deeper than 1
>>>level.
>>
>>Did you call the manual skinning method after you create the form inside
>>the other form?
>>
>>(forget what it is called).

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

"Shane Stump" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Pan found my problem - I thought I needed to specify the parent form in
the
first parameter and it needs to be the top form!

Now if I can just get VCLSkin to work with TcxDBCheckBox and QG5, I will
finally have skinning in my app!

Best Regards,

Shane
www.StumpWare.com

I'm curious what this "skinning" adds that you can not get with DevEx tools
already through their LookAndFeel and use of styles and stylesheets stored
in central cxStyleRepository.
-- Herbert Sitz

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

Herbert,
Global support. DevExpress's stuff works great with their components but it
doesn't skin the entire application like shell dialogs (open, save, etc).
Pan has done an excellent job at giving developers a simple easy way to
change the look & feel of their applications without having to do to much
work.
With that said, you need to make sure the controls you use are compatible. I
had to change all my TcxPageControls to TPageControls (took me two changes
at I had one application that I have over 100 tab controls in).
Anyway, while I am still unable to use VCLSkin, I don't think I am that far
away.
Best Regards,
Shane
www.StumpWare.com
"Herbert Sitz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Pan found my problem - I thought I needed to specify the parent form in
the
>first parameter and it needs to be the top form!
>
>Now if I can just get VCLSkin to work with TcxDBCheckBox and QG5, I will
>finally have skinning in my app!
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Shane
>www.StumpWare.com

I'm curious what this "skinning" adds that you can not get with DevEx tools
already through their LookAndFeel and use of styles and stylesheets stored
in central cxStyleRepository.

-- Herbert Sitz

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

You can also try SUISkin:
www.sunisoft.com/suiskin/
Thanks.
Sunisoft Team!
"Eric Carlson" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

"Shane Stump" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
:430f8eaa$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

>VCLSkin www.link-rank.com/
>ThemeWizard www.ksdev.com/themewizard/index.html
>SUI www.batchconverter.com/SUIPack-download-10261.shtml
>
>I'm experiencing a few bugs in VCLSkin which otherwise is almost right
for
>me.
>Anyone got any recommendations on these or others please?

Re:Skinners roundup - anyone add to this list?

SUISkin(not SUIPack) supports the third-party controls and just one
component for one
project, easy to use.
"Sunisoft" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...