Bold for BDS 2006

2006-01-10 12:43:07 AM
delphi181
Hy dear friends,
first of all, happy new year for everyone.
Well, I bought a licence to BDS2006 and I wanna know the possibilities
to have de Bold for D2006 (if there´s it).
Should I have to purchase it or the BDS2006 licence allows me to have it?
Thanks for Help.
Rodrigo.

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

In article <43c2920c$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
Hy dear friends,

first of all, happy new year for everyone.

Well, I bought a licence to BDS2006 and I wanna know the possibilities
to have de Bold for D2006 (if there?s it).
Should I have to purchase it or the BDS2006 licence allows me to have it?

Thanks for Help.

Rodrigo.

Hi Rodrigo,
You can install the Bold2006 cc.borland.com/item.aspx
Except that for me the BoldUtility.bpl doesn't install. But you can
work/try it without it.
Eddy POULLET
Brussels

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

I just got it up and running.
The examples that come with Bold are compiling and running as compiled with
D7.
Great!
We are using RAD Studio components as well, most of them extended by
ourselves.
As we licensed the source, we will try to compile the components also for
Delphi2006.
I'll let you know if I am successful or not!
Andreas
"Eddy POULLET" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In article <43c2920c$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
>Hy dear friends,
>
>first of all, happy new year for everyone.
>
>Well, I bought a licence to BDS2006 and I wanna know the possibilities
>to have de Bold for D2006 (if there?s it).
>Should I have to purchase it or the BDS2006 licence allows me to have it?
>
>Thanks for Help.
>
>Rodrigo.

Hi Rodrigo,

You can install the Bold2006 cc.borland.com/item.aspx
Except that for me the BoldUtility.bpl doesn't install. But you can
work/try it without it.

Eddy POULLET
Brussels

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

I compiled them just yesterday, worked first time!
We are using RAD Studio components as well, most of them extended by
ourselves.
As we licensed the source, we will try to compile the components also for
Delphi2006.

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

Hi Pete,
I compiled them just yesterday, worked first time!
I have not recompiled the *.dpk/bpl only try to install it. I will try
to recompile but the path are not correct in the source dir.
Eddy POULLET
Brussels

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

I also just compiled RAD Studio in Delphi2006.
I had to add some stuff like
...{$IFDEF VER180} // Delphi 10.0 (2006)...
and thats it.
Works fine with the "samples" projects.
Compiling our own descendants of RAD Studio and Bold Components still causes
some problems.
I'm fighting with the "DesignEditors" unit (Proxies.pas/dcu missing, I
rember I had that problem with Delphi 7 too, but can not remeber how I solved it)...
Andreas
"Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schrieb
im Newsbeitrag news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I compiled them just yesterday, worked first time!

>We are using RAD Studio components as well, most of them extended by
>ourselves.
>As we licensed the source, we will try to compile the components also for
>Delphi2006.

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

Add "DesignIDE" to the requires list, I think.

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

In article <43c69a29$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, "Andreas Vogt" <a.vogt-
no*spam"at"avsgmbh.de>says...
I also just compiled RAD Studio in Delphi2006.
I had to add some stuff like
...{$IFDEF VER180} // Delphi 10.0 (2006)...
and thats it.
Works fine with the "samples" projects.

Compiling our own descendants of RAD Studio and Bold Components still causes
some problems.
I'm fighting with the "DesignEditors" unit (Proxies.pas/dcu missing, I
rember I had that problem with Delphi 7 too, but can not remeber how I solved it)...

Andreas

"Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schrieb
im Newsbeitrag news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>I compiled them just yesterday, worked first time!
>
>>We are using RAD Studio components as well, most of them extended by
>>ourselves.
>>As we licensed the source, we will try to compile the components also for
>>Delphi2006.

The question is : can you (and have you) installed BoldUtility.bpl as it
comes out of zip file?
Thanks,
Eddy

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

BoldUtility90.bpl - as it comes out of the ZIP, lying in my
"C:\programme\Borland\Bold\BoldForDelphi\bin" - is installed correctly. (I
think the only component I use out of that package is ZBoldFormSaver)
What exactly happened when you try to install the package?
Andreas
"Eddy POULLET" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In article <43c69a29$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, "Andreas Vogt" <a.vogt-
no*spam"at"avsgmbh.de>says...
>I also just compiled RAD Studio in Delphi2006.
>I had to add some stuff like
>...{$IFDEF VER180} // Delphi 10.0 (2006)...
>and thats it.
>Works fine with the "samples" projects.
>
>Compiling our own descendants of RAD Studio and Bold Components still
>causes
>some problems.
>I'm fighting with the "DesignEditors" unit (Proxies.pas/dcu missing, I
>rember I had that problem with Delphi 7 too, but can not remeber how I solved
>it)...
>
>Andreas
>

>"Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
>schrieb
>im Newsbeitrag news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>>I compiled them just yesterday, worked first time!
>>
>>>We are using RAD Studio components as well, most of them extended by
>>>ourselves.
>>>As we licensed the source, we will try to compile the components also
>>>for
>>>Delphi2006.

The question is : can you (and have you) installed BoldUtility.bpl as it
comes out of zip file?

Thanks,

Eddy

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

In article <43c773f4$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, "Andreas Vogt" <a.vogt-
no*spam"at"avsgmbh.de>says...
BoldUtility90.bpl - as it comes out of the ZIP, lying in my
"C:\programme\Borland\Bold\BoldForDelphi\bin" - is installed correctly. (I
think the only component I use out of that package is ZBoldFormSaver)

What exactly happened when you try to install the package?
Hi Andreas,
Definitively not working for me.
Installing the package gives not problem but it is when Delphi2006 is
restarted.
Cfr Thread "Installing Bold 2006".
Pete and you have no problems. I search why ...
Thanks a lot
Eddy POULLET
Brussels

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa :-(
Sorry, it works perfectly..
FYI : I forgot to add the *.bpl path in the PATH variable.
Eddy POULLET
Brussels

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

Have you or some others made any progress in this question?
I got:
"This application has failed to start because BoldVCLGUI90.bpl was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
When trying to compile a bold application in D2006. Before this I have
installed the "Bold for D2006" package from Jesper.
I'm really looking for a solution here.
Btw what have Boldutility90 for function?
Regards Roland
I have the same problem as you
Den 2006-01-14 16:42:49 skrev Eddy POULLET <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>:
In article <43c773f4$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, "Andreas Vogt" <a.vogt-
no*spam"at"avsgmbh.de>says...
>BoldUtility90.bpl - as it comes out of the ZIP, lying in my
>"C:\programme\Borland\Bold\BoldForDelphi\bin" - is installed correctly.
>(I
>think the only component I use out of that package is ZBoldFormSaver)
>
>What exactly happened when you try to install the package?

Hi Andreas,

Definitively not working for me.

Installing the package gives not problem but it is when Delphi2006 is
restarted.
Cfr Thread "Installing Bold 2006".
Pete and you have no problems. I search why ...

Thanks a lot
Eddy POULLET
Brussels

Re:Bold for BDS 2006

Have you or some others made any progress in this question?
Yes, it is solved !
I got:
"This application has failed to start because BoldVCLGUI90.bpl was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
I have had the same message. The solution (at least for me! :)) was to
add the path to the bpl in the PATH variable (it is written in the
readme).
Eddy