Re: indy message

2003-08-06 04:43:55 AM
delphi265
"Andy Law" <andy@---remove---@@@@@XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Any ideas as to what is happening
It's being sent Quoted Printable encoded. Decode it and you will be fine.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re: indy message

"Andy Law" <andy@---remove---@@@@@XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:3f3028a9$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Thanks for the advice, but how do I decode it?
Take a look at TidDecoderQuotedPrintable.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re: indy message

Ignacio
I tried decoding it and it made it worse. I am new to Indy components. Do
you know why it is getting encoded in the first place and is there a way to
stop it?
cheers
Andy
"Ignacio Vazquez" <ivazquezATorioncommunications.com>writes
"Andy Law" <andy@---remove---@@@@@XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:3f3028a9$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>Thanks for the advice, but how do I decode it?

Take a look at TidDecoderQuotedPrintable.

Cheers,
Ignacio

Re: indy message

"Andy Law" <andy@---remove---@@@@@XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I tried decoding it and it made it worse. I am new to Indy components. Do
you know why it is getting encoded in the first place and is there a way to
stop it?
It's encoded because that is the way HTTP works. If you want to try
brute-forcing it you could always do a search-and-replace on =\n and =3D.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re: indy message

Would I be right in thinking that it is encoded prior to emailing from my
CGI. If so where would be the best point to do the search and replace?
I've tried using a for loop to go through the strings (using
stringreplace) of the Idmessage body prior to sending.

--
No, don't send me e-mail directly. No, just don't.

Re: indy message

"Andy Law" <andy@---remove---@@@@@XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message 3f317c28$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Would I be right in thinking that it is encoded prior to emailing from my
CGI.
Correct. It is encoded by the browser.
If so where would be the best point to do the search and replace?
In the Web app is fine.
I've tried using a for loop to go through the strings (using
stringreplace) of the Idmessage body prior to sending.
cheers
That would be the way to do it. Fortunately you only have to watch for two constructs:
'=' at the end of a line, and '=3D' anywhere inside it.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re: indy message

Ignacio
I tried everything but I was still getting unwanted '=' signs in the HTML
formatted email. I decided to make changes to the html file (supplied to
me). I opened it in Dreamweaver removed a paragraph setting and it now
works. Somewhere in the process additional '=' signs are getting added to
the message where the paragraph setting is.
Thanks for your help, I have found out a bit more about Indy IdMessage and
Quoted-Printable encoding .