Language of StandardActions

2004-11-30 09:54:59 PM
delphi35
I am developing software with Delphi 6 under Windows XP SP2, mainly
for the german market.
One of my project is being localized for the UK. The beta testers
report that the Popup Menu for TEdit and TMemo components (Undo, Cut,
Cop, Paste, Delete, Select all) are still in german. I didn't find any
ressource strings for those texts. But there is an ActionList and there are
StandardActions for Cut, Copy etc. in Module "ActnRes", and the captions of
this ActionList are in german language. I Supposed that the MenuItems in the
PopupMenu are linked to those actions and thought that by changing those
actions cations to english at runtime I could solve this problem.
But trying to change these captions at runtime for the UK version
doesn't work because the Object "StandardActions" declared in Unit
"ActnRes" is always nil.
Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Regards,
Christian Kirchhoff

Re:Language of StandardActions

Christian Kirchhoff writes:
[...]

My comment at this point is simply good luck. I have a friend with a
computer running Windows ME, he is German and loaded Encarta on this
computer - - the German version. And guess what. About 50% of the menus
are in German and we can't find a way to get them back to English.
Note - not only the Encarta menus but menus all over the place and some
the buttons are in German and others in English. Really strange what
was effected and what is not effected.
This is Micrsoft code. It makes life interesting.
So this can be deep into Windows. Even Microsoft products have problem
with this.
Jim P.