ODBC and password dialog

Hi!

I am using Ingres database 6.4. There is installed IngresNet and ODBC
driver in my PC. UserName and Password are properly in their own places.

I am using Delphi4 and FormulaOne spreadsheet component. I can't use
TDatabase component because FormulaOne Spreadsheet uses its own ODBC
commands. Every time when I connect first time to Ingres server the
password dialog appears
unnecessarily on the screen. When I press the return key I get further.
How can I tell to application that necessary username and password are
stored in IngresNet?

Best Regards
Ilkka Lahdenpohja

Re:ODBC and password dialog

You might have better luck in the database.sql newsgroup where client/server
questions are answered.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:ODBC and password dialog

>I am using Delphi4 and FormulaOne spreadsheet component. I can't use
>TDatabase component because FormulaOne Spreadsheet uses its own ODBC
>commands. Every time when I connect first time to Ingres server the
>password dialog appears
>unnecessarily on the screen. When I press the return key I get further.
>How can I tell to application that necessary username and password are
>stored in IngresNet?

Use a Tdatabase component to connect to your ODBC datasource.  Connect all your
Datasets to the Tdatabase you have created.
The Tdatabase has a loginPrompt property that you set to false and parameters to
set username and password

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com