opening text files

I have used filelistbox to find my text file now I need to open this file

any ideas

I then need to copy this file into a dbase database.

any ideas

reply to
Hazelu...@cwcom.net

Re:opening text files

"Hazel Uren" <hazelu...@cwcom.net> skrev i en meddelelse

> I have used filelistbox to find my text file now I need to open this file
> any ideas
> I then need to copy this file into a dbase database.

Use a TStringList. It has LoadFromFile procedure you can use.
Then you can use the CommaText property to store the entire text in to
another field.
Finn Tolderlund

Re:opening text files

>I have used filelistbox to find my text file now I need to open this file
>any ideas

assignfile(FSource, filenname)
reset(FSource)
?

>I then need to copy this file into a dbase database.
>any ideas

readln(FSource, s)
Table1.insert (or append)
Tabl1.FieldByName('abc').AsString.=s

?
--

*   To understand recursion, we must first understand recursion   *
*****        Ralf Steinhaeusser alias ralf...@gmx.net         *****

Re:opening text files

In article <8h395p$d...@bornews.borland.com>, Hazel Uren wrote:
> I have used filelistbox to find my text file now I need to open this file

> any ideas

> I then need to copy this file into a dbase database.

Into a BLOB field? Attach a TBlobstream to the field and use its
Loadfromfile method.