95/NT dll problems

I have a strange problem :

Some (not all) NT4 systems complain that a dll isn't found. When the user renames the dll
,by removing the extension, it works fine. I'm compiling on a win95 computer. How can I
cope with this?

--

Greg Lorriman co. inc. & sons Ltd

Re:95/NT dll problems

Greg Lorriman (G...@lorriman.demon.co.uk) writes:
> I have a strange problem :

> Some (not all) NT4 systems complain that a dll isn't found. When the user renames the dll
> ,by removing the extension, it works fine. I'm compiling on a win95 computer. How can I
> cope with this?

In NT, the Delphi source code must contain the full DLL name including the
extension.... Win'95 will let you get away without having to put in the
DLL extension.

--
Denis Boucher
Hull, Qubec

Re:95/NT dll problems

NT likes the DLL to have an extention '.dll' or it won't find it,
Win9x just assumes a '.dll' extention if an extention isn't present.

to be on the safe side always include an extention.

--
Peter Collis, Inverell Australia
email: cpby...@abeguarg.pbz.nh

Free Internet Use Timer for 95/NT
www.northnet.com.au/~pcollis/peteWARE.html

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 00:09:11 +0100, G...@lorriman.demon.co.uk (Greg

Lorriman) wrote:

>I have a strange problem :

>Some (not all) NT4 systems complain that a dll isn't found. When the user renames the dll
>,by removing the extension, it works fine. I'm compiling on a win95 computer. How can I
>cope with this?

Re:95/NT dll problems

Peter Collis wrote:

[SNIP]

> Peter Collis, Inverell Australia
> email: cpby...@abeguarg.pbz.nh
>  * ROT13 for email address *

Extremely cool anti-spam trick!

Jan de Visser                          etmj...@aom.ericsson.se
M?/ETX/A/PS                            NMAC Unit Service Provisioning
tel. +46 31 74 71890                   ECN 865 71890
                 <Enter any 12 digit prime to continue>

Re:95/NT dll problems

It may be an idea to spell the name of the dll with the correct cases as
well, I have been told.
(i.e.  TeStInG.Dll :-)
Peter Collis wrote:

> NT likes the DLL to have an extention '.dll' or it won't find it,
> Win9x just assumes a '.dll' extention if an extention isn't present.

> to be on the safe side always include an extention.

> --
> Lorriman) wrote:

> >I have a strange problem :

> >Some (not all) NT4 systems complain that a dll isn't found. When the user renames the dll
> >,by removing the extension, it works fine. I'm compiling on a win95 computer. How can I
> >cope with this?

Re:95/NT dll problems

On Tue, 08 Dec 1998 09:18:36 +0100, Jan de Visser

<etmj...@aom.ericsson.se> wrote:
>Peter Collis wrote:
>[SNIP]
>> Peter Collis, Inverell Australia
>> email: cpby...@abeguarg.pbz.nh
>>  * ROT13 for email address *

>Extremely cool anti-spam trick!

Afraid i didn't think of it, i saw it in someone elses msg and like
you thought it was cool.

--
Peter Collis, Inverell Australia
email: cpby...@abeguarg.pbz.nh
 * ROT13 for email address *

Free Internet Use Timer for 95/NT
www.northnet.com.au/~pcollis/peteWARE.html

Re:95/NT dll problems

Good point though i haven't found that to be a problem so far, guess
there's always tomorrow :-)

--
Peter Collis, Inverell Australia
email: cpby...@abeguarg.pbz.nh
 * ROT13 for email address *

Free Internet Use Timer for 95/NT
www.northnet.com.au/~pcollis/peteWARE.html

> "j.hviid" <j...@ddre.dk> wrote:
>It may be an idea to spell the name of the dll with the correct cases as
>well, I have been told.
>(i.e.  TeStInG.Dll :-)

>Peter Collis wrote:

>> NT likes the DLL to have an extention '.dll' or it won't find it,
>> Win9x just assumes a '.dll' extention if an extention isn't present.

>> to be on the safe side always include an extention.

>> --

>> Lorriman) wrote:

>> >I have a strange problem :

>> >Some (not all) NT4 systems complain that a dll isn't found. When the user renames the dll
>> >,by removing the extension, it works fine. I'm compiling on a win95 computer. How can I
>> >cope with this?

Other Threads