stopping new forms having focus

Hi

I have a problem with showing delphi forms on the desktop. What I want to do
is open forms in the background (minimized), but still keep the foreground
form the user is using, focused. Problem is, even when the forms I open are
minimized (I'm using the new forms .show method
to do this by the way), they still take the focus away from the current
foreground form. Any idea how to open a form without giving it focus?

By the way, I realise that I could probably switch back to my foreground
form after the background form has opened, but this is a bit too messy for
my liking, as I think the potiental is there for the user to type something
on the background form instead of the foreground form during the switch (the
nature of my app means that a background form can open at any time).

Thanks in advance

Re:stopping new forms having focus

Why do you want to show a form before you need it? If the form has
been created it is ready to show when you need it.

Regards
John Collins

SteveStewart <SteveStew...@Metals.Freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi

> I have a problem with showing delphi forms on the desktop. What I
want to do
> is open forms in the background (minimized), but still keep the
foreground
> form the user is using, focused. Problem is, even when the forms I
open are
> minimized (I'm using the new forms .show method
> to do this by the way), they still take the focus away from the
current
> foreground form. Any idea how to open a form without giving it
focus?

> By the way, I realise that I could probably switch back to my
foreground
> form after the background form has opened, but this is a bit too
messy for
> my liking, as I think the potiental is there for the user to type
something
> on the background form instead of the foreground form during the
switch (the
> nature of my app means that a background form can open at any time).

> Thanks in advance

Other Threads