Help!! End of file characters in dBASE file

Hi There,

We currently have a multi-user database application
up and running at one of our clients. It has been developed
with Delphi 1 and uses dBASE tables. We are experiencing
an annoying problem which we have traced to the presence
of an end-of-file character Hex(1A) in the last position
of the last field in several records.

The environment is Netware, WFW 3.11 and BDE 2.52

We simply cannot fathom what the hell is causing this,
we have tried various ideas but have been unable to
reproduce the problem on our own system.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this or have any
suggestions ?

Thanks for any help

Kevin Hughes

ke...@khughes.demon.co.uk