Data Diagrams

on the DataModules there is a tab for Data Diagrams.
Does anyone use these?  Are they beneficial?

Steve

Re:Data Diagrams

Steve,

> Does anyone use these?

ISTR a discussion about this a while back and the general consensus was no.

We don't use them, but we do use a modelling tool (System Architect) which
certainly has its benefits.

>Are they beneficial?

I think they could be if they were more tightly coupled to the database...

--
Jim

Re:Data Diagrams

"Steve Albright" <steba...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> on the DataModules there is a tab for Data Diagrams.
> Does anyone use these?  Are they beneficial?

--
It's better than nothing - I've used it to document the table's structure.
Drag the datasets and right-click.

Clay Shannon, author of "Tomes of Delphi: Developer's Guide to
Troubleshooting" and the novels
"Twisted Roads" (which features a Delphi developer), "The Vavilovian
{*word*97}" and "The Resurrection of Samuel Clemens"
(download the novels at
http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=17956)
--not to mention (too late!) the upcoming novel "the Wacky Misadventures of
Warble McGorkle"

> on the DataModules there is a tab for Data Diagrams.
> Does anyone use these?  Are they beneficial?

> Steve

Good for demos, useless in real life. Get a real data modelling tool if you
want to do proper data modelling (I use PowerDesigner).

Andy Mackie.

Other Threads