Flickering

>If I call the refresh method before drawing new things, flickering
>occurs. Is it true that I can avoid flickering by drawing things on an
>offscreen bitmap first? Are there any other suggestions?

Take a look at http://www.teemach.com/formcontainer. With this library you
can avoid flickering, as well as insert forms as child windows into another
form, show transition effects, etc.

Regards,
Francisco Sanchez

Re:Flickering

If I call the refresh method before drawing new things, flickering
occurs. Is it true that I can avoid flickering by drawing things on an
offscreen bitmap first? Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Igloo.

Re:Flickering

It also helps to turn on double-buffering:

    Form1.DoubleBuffered := true;

(FormContainer is also very cool.)

Tom Malcom

Francisco Sanchez wrote:
> >If I call the refresh method before drawing new things, flickering
> >occurs. Is it true that I can avoid flickering by drawing things on an
> >offscreen bitmap first? Are there any other suggestions?

> Take a look at http://www.teemach.com/formcontainer. With this library you
> can avoid flickering, as well as insert forms as child windows into another
> form, show transition effects, etc.

> Regards,
> Francisco Sanchez

Re:Flickering

igloo wrote in message <3657DFAF.174DA...@yahoo.com>...
>If I call the refresh method before drawing new things, flickering
>occurs. Is it true that I can avoid flickering by drawing things on an
>offscreen bitmap first? Are there any other suggestions?

There are several links to information about flickering at
www.efg2.com/lab/library/Delphi/Graphics/Algorithms.htm#Flickering

efg
efg's Computer Lab:       www.efg2.com/lab

Overland Park, KS  USA