send an image to the browser

my problem is, that i have to build a little webserver, without installing
components downloaded from the internet,
and my question is,

how to send an image, like a jpg or gif to the browser, so my browser can
show it.
I try to do this with the delphi-component TServerSocket,
when should i send the image, in which procedure??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ich soll einen kleinen webserver bauen, ohne auch nur eine andere Komponente
aus dem Netz zu ziehen,
ich versuche dies mit der Delphi-Komponente TServerSocket,

aber wie sende ich ein bild an den Browser, so dass dieser es anzeigen
kann???

Titus
e-mail: Nefan...@gmx.de (privat)

url:      http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~tt023/frames.htm

Re:send an image to the browser

"titus" <Nefan...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> my problem is, that i have to build a little webserver, without installing
> components downloaded from the internet,
> and my question is,

> how to send an image, like a jpg or gif to the browser, so my browser can
> show it.
> I try to do this with the delphi-component TServerSocket,
> when should i send the image, in which procedure??

Hi,

Your TServerSocket is just the channel through which the data is going to
pass. Defining when and how it is sent is what the communication protocol is
all about. If you want to turn this into a web server you're going to have
to implement hypertext transfer protocol - HTTP - yourself.

Is the need to do this without downloading components because of cost? If
so, this isn't a problem because there are plenty of free components which
will do the job for you. Fran?ois Piette's ICS (Internet Connection Suite)
is an excellent starting point - it even comes with a webserver example.

GRS

Other Threads