Vendor init failure(ora73win.dll)

hi,
I try connect WGS 7.3 from client machine.
our server windowws nt4.0,WGS 7.3.They were properly installed and working
well.
our client machine is windows 95 (TCP-IP) and also include sql net 2.2.
There is ora73win.dll in orawin\bin directory.
I change Wendor dll to ora73win.dll, but it doesnt work. it said that wendor
init failure.Cannot load idapi service.
Orawin\bin directory was also added path.,But problems go on.
Q1.How can solve this problem?
Q2.what is the difference between  ora73win.dll  and ora73.dll?
Q3.if my solution is ora73.dll, How can find it?
Q4.is there different sql net v2.2 or 2.3 for win 3.1 and windows 95?

Re:Vendor init failure(ora73win.dll)

Verify the path type 'PATH' in dos prompt. I have this problem and
discovery that my path variable has many text. I just redo path variable
and all works !

Path has a size. If it has much text, oracle client don't work !

I use ora73.dll ! When you install Oracle Client , this file is installed !

Re:Vendor init failure(ora73win.dll)

I'm not sure about 7.3, but I know with 8.0, I had to put ora803.dll in
the windows\system directory to get rid of that error.

Re:Vendor init failure(ora73win.dll)

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998 10:05:42 +0300, "borland database"

<s...@tr-net.net.tr> wrote:
>hi,
>I try connect WGS 7.3 from client machine.
>our server windowws nt4.0,WGS 7.3.They were properly installed and working
>well.
>our client machine is windows 95 (TCP-IP) and also include sql net 2.2.
>There is ora73win.dll in orawin\bin directory.
>I change Wendor dll to ora73win.dll, but it doesnt work. it said that wendor
>init failure.Cannot load idapi service.
>Orawin\bin directory was also added path.,But problems go on.
>Q1.How can solve this problem?
>Q2.what is the difference between  ora73win.dll  and ora73.dll?
>Q3.if my solution is ora73.dll, How can find it?
>Q4.is there different sql net v2.2 or 2.3 for win 3.1 and windows 95?

Don't get confused about 16 bit vs 32 bit.
If you are on Delphi 2 or 3, then you must use the 32 bit stack.

The 32 bit SQLNET is normally in \ORAWIN95\BIN
(or ORANT\BIN), and the 16 bit one is in \ORAWIN\BIN.

You should be using ORA73.DLL - this is the 32 bit version.
ora73win.dll is a 16 bit version.

It sounds like you said you can't find ORA73.DLL - if it didn't
come off the SQLNET CD-ROM, then maybe you loaded the
16 bit version by mistake?

Eric Engler

Also, run the TNSPING.EXE program with your instance alias
on the command line.  It will report any missing DLLs.

Eric Engler

Other Threads