BLOB Fields in Paradox Tables

Hello
I am currently developing a database centered app in which I need to
display images associated with each record in a table. I am not
familiar with BLOBs and would like to know where to find out more about
them. Tables with BLOBs in them have a file *.mb associated with them.
How is this file created ? If I have 20 bmp images, what application
would I use to compile a BLOB file? If I have two sets of BLOB
fields in a table, do all of the graphics go into one file?.
I have already consulted "Using Delphi" and "Mastering Delphi" on this
matter - they do not go into a lot of detail OR I missed the relevant
parts.

Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Theunis de Jongh