Board index » delphi » delphi 7 installing components withous source

delphi 7 installing components withous source

I have a problem with installing components withous source code..
I use win2000 with 2 part (C,D), Delphi is installed on sec part.  When
I tried to install every component for delphi 7 (not 6 or 5) from
Components,Ad package,
and the select package library everythinng is ok so far. Then I try to use
it and when I try to
compile the project it says me
FATAL ERROR counldnt find component.pas file. But I use *.dcu comp. I do not
have source.
I get it eith every comp I tried to install and use it.
What is going wrong?
 

Re:delphi 7 installing components withous source


Quote
Frano Hartman wrote:

> I have a problem with installing components withous source code..
> I use win2000 with 2 part (C,D), Delphi is installed on sec part.  When
> I tried to install every component for delphi 7 (not 6 or 5) from
> Components,Ad package,
> and the select package library everythinng is ok so far. Then I try to use
> it and when I try to
> compile the project it says me
> FATAL ERROR counldnt find component.pas file. But I use *.dcu comp. I do not
> have source.

This message indicates that the dcu found is not a valid D7 dcu (the dcu format
is compiler specific).  If Delphi finds a DCU that needs recompiling it looks
for the pas file and if it cant' find it gives this as the error message.  This
is why everyone recommends to never use components you only have dcu's for.

Quote
> I get it eith every comp I tried to install and use it.
> What is going wrong?

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
      (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.
Maybe you were always beyond my reach and my heart was playing safe.
But was that love in your eye I saw or the reflection of mine?
Give me time, won't you give me that time!
Welcome back to the circus.            (Fish)

Re:delphi 7 installing components withous source


"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <jeffoverc...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3E10D0B6.5911A620@mindspring.com...

Quote

> Frano Hartman wrote:

> > I have a problem with installing components withous source code..
> > I use win2000 with 2 part (C,D), Delphi is installed on sec part.  When
> This message indicates that the dcu found is not a valid D7 dcu (the dcu
format
> is compiler specific).  If Delphi finds a DCU that needs recompiling it
looks
> for the pas file and if it cant' find it gives this as the error message.
This
> is why everyone recommends to never use components you only have dcu's
for.

That is stupid. I just wanna to try some trial components with dcu and I can
not. When I
asked a company it says me that I must do what I have allready done with
components
when I tried to install them. I also defined library path corectly, and so
on.
Weird?

Re:delphi 7 installing components withous source


"Frano Hartman" <fhart...@inet.hr> schreef in bericht
news:3e11a6d1@newsgroups.borland.com...

Quote
> > This message indicates that the dcu found is not a valid D7 dcu (the dcu
> format
> > is compiler specific).  If Delphi finds a DCU that needs recompiling it
> looks
> > for the pas file and if it cant' find it gives this as the error
message.
> This
> > is why everyone recommends to never use components you only have dcu's
> for.

> That is stupid. I just wanna to try some trial components with dcu and I
can
> not. When I
> asked a company it says me that I must do what I have allready done with
> components
> when I tried to install them. I also defined library path corectly, and so
> on.
> Weird?

Nope, just plain simple you downloaded the wrong Delphi Compiled Unit (.DCU)
files.
The files you have are not for the version of Delphi that you are trying to
use it on.

You can't run Macintosh binaries on a PC either, so don't try to install
Delphi 1 DCU's in Delphi 7...

Other Threads