Crystal Reports VCL - Q's ( errors, modality, subreports )

I have a couple of probably, maybe even obvious questions, I was hoping you
could help me out.

First off, I'm using the VCL component which came with Crystal Reports
version 5.0

1.  Initially I had this error popup after put the component on the form
and tried to run it:
        Cannot Open File c:\mydir\ucrpe.pas

    Interestingly, there is no file with that name, you only included DCU's
right ?  What is the cause of this.
        It has apparently gone away, but does anyone know what caused the error
initially ?

2.  Is there any way to incorporate more than one report in a report (
without skipping pages ?)
        - I want my user to be able to pick from a list of reports in a list box.
Then
        I would like to give the user the option ( if possible ) to display all
these reports
        in one Crystal Reports Windows.  Otherwise, they will have to view a
separate window
        for each report, which in some cases is not desirable.

        - I noticed something about a topic called 'Subreports', however I got the
impression
        that you have to put them all in one report.

        - Only problem with that might be that the user wants to just print one
report, and
        not all the others.

3.  What are the "official" files which need to be included with the VCL
for it to be distributed ??
        the vcl is relatively small, and I figure there is at least 1 dll or more.

4.  I would like to pop up the report window as a Modal Window.  I do not
want my user to go do something
        else in the application while this window is open.  Is there a
"reasonable" way to do this with
        the Crystal Reports Component ?

Thanks for your time,
look forward to your solutions,

sincerely,
john v. scalco

Re:Crystal Reports VCL - Q's ( errors, modality, subreports )

|>I have a couple of probably, maybe even obvious questions, I was hoping you
|>could help me out.
|>
|>First off, I'm using the VCL component which came with Crystal Reports
|>version 5.0
|>
|>1.  Initially I had this error popup after put the component on the form
|>and tried to run it:
|>        Cannot Open File c:\mydir\ucrpe.pas
|>
|>    Interestingly, there is no file with that name, you only included DCU's
|>right ?  What is the cause of this.
|>        It has apparently gone away, but does anyone know what caused the
|> error
|>initially ?
|>
|>2.  Is there any way to incorporate more than one report in a report (
|>without skipping pages ?)
|>        - I want my user to be able to pick from a list of reports in a list
|> box.
|>Then
|>        I would like to give the user the option ( if possible ) to display
|> all
|>these reports
|>        in one Crystal Reports Windows.  Otherwise, they will have to view a
|>separate window
|>        for each report, which in some cases is not desirable.
|>
|>        - I noticed something about a topic called 'Subreports', however I got
|> the
|>impression
|>        that you have to put them all in one report.
|>
|>        - Only problem with that might be that the user wants to just print
|> one
|>report, and
|>        not all the others.
|>
|>3.  What are the "official" files which need to be included with the VCL
|>for it to be distributed ??
|>        the vcl is relatively small, and I figure there is at least 1 dll or
|> more.
|>
|>4.  I would like to pop up the report window as a Modal Window.  I do not
|>want my user to go do something
|>        else in the application while this window is open.  Is there a
|>"reasonable" way to do this with
|>        the Crystal Reports Component ?
|>
|>Thanks for your time,
|>look forward to your solutions,
|>
|>sincerely,
|>john v. scalco

Do you even own the book?   The files for distribution are listed in the book
under runtime file requirements.  By the way a few more than 1, more  like 5
if I remeber right, and one is a 3 meg file.

What do you mean by more than one report in a report?

2.  Give your user a list a reports and option in delphi  before calling
crystal.  Using subreports you can include other reports.

In 4, you say you want the windows modal, but in 2 you want multiple reports.
You can define your windows before calling crystal.

Other Threads