QR2.0i display and printing problems when using composite reports in preview

We use D3 Win95/NT with QR2.0i.
When we implemented a preview-function in our program, we used the
composite-report component to display all parts of the document, which
consists of up to 20 QR pages. All of the pages show only one (complex)
data record. Since we print office-forms the data never exceeds one
page.
Some pages contain a page-header, a detail and a page-footer band,
others use only a title-band and a page-footer. Everything works fine,
when we print the pages one after the other without preview and
composite-report, but using preview always spoils the first and the last
report-page.
1. If the first or last report contain only title-band and footer, the
footer is missing.
2. If they contain header-band, detail and footer the page is blank.

When we debugged the program, we found out, that QR does not execute all
necessary methods to print the reports, but we are not sure, that this
is the reason for the missing bands.

Code snippets from Quickrpt.pas:

        procedure TQuickRep.CreateReport(CompositeReport : boolean);
          Footer := Bands.SummaryBand;
          Prepare;
          OnNeedData := Self.OnNeedData;
          PrepareComponents;

Could this be the reason? NewPage is not called for Composite Reports
**        if not CompositeReport then NewPage;  **

          Execute;
        end;
        if not CompositeReport then
        begin
          FCurrentX := round(Page.LeftMargin);
          FLastPage := true;
end first snippet

Another possibility could be this part of the code:

Snippet:
        procedure TQRController.Execute;
      while MoreData do
      begin
        Application.ProcessMessages;
        if ParentReport.QRPrinter.Cancelled then Exit;
        inc(FDetailNumber);
        PrintGroupHeaders;
        PrintBeforeControllers;

Debugging showed that FDetail.MakeSpace is not called for the first
report.
**        if assigned(FDetail) then FDetail.MakeSpace; **

        NotifyClients(qrMasterDataAdvance);
        ParentReport.PrintBand(FDetail);
        PrintAfterControllers;
end snippet

Has anyone had this or a similar problem?
Hints, ideas or a workaround would be greatly appreciated.

--
Daniel Siegmund, NovaCom GmbH
e-mail: Daniel.Siegm...@frankfurt.netsurf.de