Corrupt Indexes-Local Paradox(D1.0)

A customer of my app is experiencing persistent corruption of the indexes
in one of the main database tables - almost very time they use my app the
problem occurs.  The customer has been using my app for over a year, with
no problems until December.  The number of records is not large - less
than 2,000.  Any ideas what might cause this?

My app is Dephi 1.0, using local Paradox 5.0 tables.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Higney

Re:Corrupt Indexes-Local Paradox(D1.0)

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 17:32:08 -0800, Mike Higney <QLSyst...@AOL.com>
wrote:

>A customer of my app is experiencing persistent corruption of the indexes
>in one of the main database tables - almost very time they use my app the
>problem occurs.  The customer has been using my app for over a year, with
>no problems until December.  The number of records is not large - less
>than 2,000.  Any ideas what might cause this?

>My app is Dephi 1.0, using local Paradox 5.0 tables.

>Thanks in anticipation.

>Mike Higney

It might be worth going through all the Paradox tables in the database
with the Table Repair utility, even if you don't think there is a
problem with them. There might be a linked table that seems to be
doing fine until you try to do something that involves both.

Second, are there more simultaneous users now then before? Is the
network more loaded or having performance problems outside of your
app? Are there users who shut off their machines with your app running
(ie, with buffers not yet flushed to disk). Have there been backup and
restores that might have restored somewhat out of sync indices or val
files, etc? Has anyone changed the BDE configuration or changed local
sharing?

Sorry for not being real specific, but there are plenty of things to
think about. Hopefully, one will be of some help.

Steve F (Team B)

Re:Corrupt Indexes-Local Paradox(D1.0)

Which Version of BDE do you use?
Maybe upgrading to 2.52 will help!