Install BDE without installing Delphi

Hello, everybody.

I wrote DB in Delphi using BDE, but it will work in the computer that
has no BDE installed.
I have the distributive of Delphi, but I  want to install BDE only in
the computer. How can I do it.

Thanks in advance.
Vasily.

Re:Install BDE without installing Delphi

    Hi,

    You should use the program InstallShield, that comes with Delphi, tho
generate an instalation copy of your program with the run time version of
BDE on it.
    The other option is to chose the custom option at delphi instalation
and install only BDE.
    Regards Ricardo

Vasily Terekhov wrote:
> Hello, everybody.

> I wrote DB in Delphi using BDE, but it will work in the computer that
> has no BDE installed.
> I have the distributive of Delphi, but I  want to install BDE only in
> the computer. How can I do it.

> Thanks in advance.
> Vasily.

Re:Install BDE without installing Delphi

Create a set of installation disks for the BDE using InstallShield Express
which comes with Delphi.

Bill

--
Bill Todd

Re:Install BDE without installing Delphi

Hello Vasily,

it depends on your version of Delphi, but my Delphi 2 C/S has an
directory
named runimage. Here you can find an folder BDE-named. This is the
runable
image of BDE which you can install on each computer.

Also included in my CD is under folder Delphi16\redist\bdeinst\disk1 and
disk2.
Here are the install disks for the BDE.

Thomas

Vasily Terekhov wrote:
> Hello, everybody.

> I wrote DB in Delphi using BDE, but it will work in the computer that
> has no BDE installed.
> I have the distributive of Delphi, but I  want to install BDE only in
> the computer. How can I do it.

> Thanks in advance.
> Vasily.

Other Threads