hints do not show on toolbuttons

Toolbuttons have a hint property but I cannot make them show and I've tried just about everything I can think of. I've seen on this board that menu items also do not show hints, which had been another item I was going to ask about but I've read the answer to that one.

My intermediate solution is to revert to using speed buttons instead of tool buttons.

Re:hints do not show on toolbuttons

"joeah" <joe...@att.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3b02f331$1_2@dnews...

> Toolbuttons have a hint property but I cannot make them show and I've

tried just about everything I can think of. I've seen on this board that
menu items also do not show hints, which had been another item I was going
to ask about but I've read the answer to that one.

> My intermediate solution is to revert to using speed buttons instead of

tool buttons.

Hi,
if the ParentHint property is true then check the parents ShowHint property.
This one may have an ParentHint as well...

Michael

Re:hints do not show on toolbuttons

">if the ParentHint property is true then check the parents ShowHint property.

>This one may have an ParentHint as well...

>Michael

The main form is the parent of the toolbar and has only a showhint property which I have tried true and false. The toolbar itself does not have any hint properties, but the toolbarbuttons do have show hint and parent hint. I've tried every combination of these and hints do not appear. I even tried setting the application.showhint to true (which I believe is the default) and it did not help. When I switch to speed buttons, the hints show up properly (which is why I believe the application.showhints defaults to true).

I'm going to try setting the whole thing up around actions next and see if that will work. It is still disturbing for this not to work. Just like the menu items--why have a hint property if it will not show unless you write an application event handler for it.

I took a look at the source code for the toolbar, and it's truly a rat's nest of code and certainly is not likely to yield it's secrets with a casual inspection.

Joe

Re:hints do not show on toolbuttons

Apparently my win98se was wacked out again. This all worked perfectly this morning after a reset. The hints show up for all the toolbar buttons just like speed buttons.
Sorry to bother all with nonsense. I should have reset and tried again before posting.

Other Threads