MediaPlayer bugs playing video!

There are a couple of problems I have encounter using the MediaPlayer
to play video clips:

First, when a video is opened and the display properties set the first
frame of the video is not shown.  This is prior to actually playing
the video.

Second. if the video is stopped and either a window is moved over the
video position or the control on which it is displayed is refreshed, the
clip is lost.

These are some basics (bugs) that I would have thought Delphi would have
addressed (resolved) without have to mess around with MCI API's.

-J
deva...@infocosm.ac.com

Re:MediaPlayer bugs playing video!

In article: <3v8cl2$...@grant.cstar.andersen.com>  "John W. DeValk" <deva...@infocosm.ac.com> writes:

> There are a couple of problems I have encounter using the MediaPlayer
> to play video clips:

> First, when a video is opened and the display properties set the first
> frame of the video is not shown.  This is prior to actually playing
> the video.

Bug.

> Second. if the video is stopped and either a window is moved over the
> video position or the control on which it is displayed is refreshed, the
> clip is lost.

Most MCI players seem to do this, even the Windows Media Player can't seem
to handle things being dragged across it - (with an AVI) and MPEGs seem to
be even worse, giving a jumbled up window. I think it's a bit to do with
Delphi not actually playing the video and leaving it up to the windows media
drivers. (Okay, this isn't a reason not to fix it).

> These are some basics (bugs) that I would have thought Delphi would have
> addressed (resolved) without have to mess around with MCI API's.

Yep.

> -J
> deva...@infocosm.ac.com

 Andrew Pinkerton, Divisional Systems Manager, Britannia Software Plc
    INTERNET: apinker...@britsoft.co.uk   COMPUSERVE: 100322,2357