Showing hints on the status bar with pressing TAB key

Gianni,
  Yes, you can and it's easy and flexible.  First set up your hints for
each component as you normally would do and then use the following code
(this puts the hint in a lable but you can use whatever you want):

unit Unit1;

interface

uses
  Grids, StdCtrls;

type
  TForm1 = class(TForm)
    Edit1: TEdit;
    Edit2: TEdit;
    Label1: TLabel;
    procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
  private
    { Private declarations }
  public
    { Public declarations }
    procedure DisplayHint(Sender: TObject);  {Add this}
  end;

var
  Form1: TForm1;

implementation

{$R *.DFM}

  Application.OnHint := DisplayHint;   {Add this to the OnCreate procedure}
end;

procedure TForm1.DisplayHint(Sender: TObject);   {Add this procedure}
begin
  Label1.Caption := Application.Hint;
end;

end.

Also note that you can put a different hint in the status bar than that
shown in the standard hint box.  To do this put a " | " pipe symbol between
the two strings in the hint property.  For example:

If you put:

Hint one|Hint two

in the Hint property then "Hint One" will show in the standard hint box and
"Hint Two" will display in the label or status bar.

Hope this helps!
--

Rodney E Geraghty
GERA-Tech