Object property variables are Inaccessable values

Hi All,
    I have created a class (from TObject) which has a number of properties
and methods.  I can access all the methods fine.  But when I try to read a
property of the object that stores its value in a variable within the object
(declared privately), it raises access violation.
It works fine if I store the value in a variable that is defined as global
to the unit the Class is defined in, just not when the variable is defined
in the class itself.  It does not seem to make any difference if the
variable is defined in the private section, public section, etc.
It seems like some kind of memory allocation problem, but why can I still
access the methods (function, procedures) fine?
If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated as this problem has
been driving me still for a while now.

Could you please reply to me (or me and the newsgroup), as that way i have
more chance of getting it.

Regards.
Darren

Re:Object property variables are Inaccessable values

Darren,

Please post some of your code. It's hard to see what's wrong without
code...

        Niels.

Other Threads