BDE, ODBC and Oracle7

Could someone tell me how to setup the odbc driver so it will work
in the BDE.  I've been trying to get this working with no luck.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for any help.

Robert Milmine

Re:BDE, ODBC and Oracle7

Robert Milmine wrote:

> Could someone tell me how to setup the odbc driver so it will work
> in the BDE.  I've been trying to get this working with no luck.  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks for any help.

> Robert Milmine

What versions of Oracle and SQL*Net are you using.  I had the same
problems, but finally got it working with Oracle 7.3.2.1.1 (Personal)
and SQL*Net 2.3.2.1.0.  I also have Oracle7 32 bit ODBC Driver
(Production) installed (version 2.0.3.1.1) and Required Sipport Files
7.3.2.1.0C and 7.2.2.3.1 (yeah, two versions...don't know how that
happened).

When I downloaded Personal Oracle 7.3 it had some good help files about
using ODBC and basically indicated that matching version numbers was
VERY important.

Good luck.
Jim Baska

Re:BDE, ODBC and Oracle7

In article <01bc494a$d0fb7800$9f5f6cce@merlin>,
   "Robert Milmine" <rmilm...@interlog.com> wrote:

>Could someone tell me how to setup the odbc driver so it will work
>in the BDE.  I've been trying to get this working with no luck.  Any
>help would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks for any help.

>Robert Milmine

I don't know if the new BDE does not have ODBC problems any more. When we
tried it (the last of 1996) we got errors like 'invalid function call' or
something like that. The reason is that the ODBC driver of Oracle 7 and Delphi
do not match, they are not of the same level.
The only way is using SQL - Links (goes with the client server version of D2).

Regards
Albert Drent

Other Threads