Delphi 2.0 to Access ODBC32 error

Hello World! - I'm new with Delphi and could use some help...

After writing an application that works fine using a Paradox database I
want to move it to work with an Access database. After creating the .mdb
database (identical to Paradox in format) I loaded the ODBC32 driver
provided by MS Office 97 using the BDE Configuration Utility. It didn't ask
for much information but seemed to load OK. I then created a new alias for
the new driver but get the following error message dialog upon launching my
application:

        General SQL Error. [Microsoft ODBC][Microsoft Access 97 Driver]
        Invalid connection string attribute DATABASE. Alias: AccessDB.

Driver Parameters:
Version                         3.0
Type                             Server
DLL                     IDODBC01.DLL
DLL32                   IDODBC32.DLL
ODBC Driver             Microsoft Access Driver (*.Mdb)
Driver Flags
Database Name
User Name               Admin
ODBC DSN                MS Access 97 Database
OPen Mode               Read/Write
Schema Cache Size       8
SQLQRYMODE
LANGDRIVER
SQLPASSTHRU Mode        Shared Auto Commit
Enable Schema Cache     False
Schema Cache Dir

As I look thru the existing issues I can't help but notice others with
similar problems using Access. Has anyone got Delphi 2.0 to work with
Access?

Thanks in advance for any helping hands
Dan Griffith
dgriff...@fia.net

Re:Delphi 2.0 to Access ODBC32 error

You will need the DAO libraries from Access95 to link to Access97 from
Delphi3.  Borland's web site has info on this issue.  Alternatively, one
may use ODBC to link Delphi3 to Access97.  Good luck.
Gene

Dan Griffith <dgriff...@fia.net> wrote in article
<01bca1c3$54849140$f540abce@default>...

> Hello World! - I'm new with Delphi and could use some help...

> After writing an application that works fine using a Paradox database I
> want to move it to work with an Access database. After creating the .mdb
> database (identical to Paradox in format) I loaded the ODBC32 driver
> provided by MS Office 97 using the BDE Configuration Utility. It didn't
ask
> for much information but seemed to load OK. I then created a new alias
for
> the new driver but get the following error message dialog upon launching
my
> application:

>    General SQL Error. [Microsoft ODBC][Microsoft Access 97 Driver]
>    Invalid connection string attribute DATABASE. Alias: AccessDB.

> Driver Parameters:
> Version                         3.0
> Type                             Server
> DLL                        IDODBC01.DLL
> DLL32                      IDODBC32.DLL
> ODBC Driver                Microsoft Access Driver (*.Mdb)
> Driver Flags
> Database Name
> User Name          Admin
> ODBC DSN           MS Access 97 Database
> OPen Mode          Read/Write
> Schema Cache Size  8
> SQLQRYMODE
> LANGDRIVER
> SQLPASSTHRU Mode   Shared Auto Commit
> Enable Schema Cache        False
> Schema Cache Dir

> As I look thru the existing issues I can't help but notice others with
> similar problems using Access. Has anyone got Delphi 2.0 to work with
> Access?

> Thanks in advance for any helping hands
> Dan Griffith
> dgriff...@fia.net