Problem with DB2 Universal Database Personal Edition for Windows NT and Windows 95

I have downloaded from ibm www page an NT95PERS.ZIP file and
installed this product on my Windows 95 system.

I've created the DataBase.

Now, I whant to connect the DB2 local database with Delphi 3.

The problem is:
   I can't do that with SQL Link ("Vendor Initialization Error")
   I can't do that via IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER ("System Error 1157")

What's the hell is this?!!!

Can anybody help me, please?

Thanx, Alex.

Re:Problem with DB2 Universal Database Personal Edition for Windows NT and Windows 95

Alexander N. Beloiarov wrote:

> I have downloaded from ibm www page an NT95PERS.ZIP file and
> installed this product on my Windows 95 system.

> I've created the DataBase.

> Now, I whant to connect the DB2 local database with Delphi 3.

> The problem is:
>    I can't do that with SQL Link ("Vendor Initialization Error")
>    I can't do that via IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER ("System Error 1157")

> What's the hell is this?!!!

> Can anybody help me, please?

> Thanx, Alex.

We do that on NT all the time. Use a TDatabase object,
set the alias to either a native DB2 database defined
in BDE or to an ODBC alias also defined in BDE. Set
the pogin parms if you don't want to be prompted, and
at form create, set the TDatabase object connect to TRUE.

Refer your TQuery's and TTable's to the database using the
DataBaseName property of the TDatabase.

Vince Marino
vmar...@primenet.com

Other Threads