dbCheckBox Question

I am having a little difficulty with a dbCheckBox component in one of my
forms. First of all, all edit components on the form are set to read only
until the user clicks the edit button on the dbNavigator. The problem that I
am having is that it the user clicks the edit button on the dbNavigator, and
clicks the dbCheckBox, the checked state of the control changes as expected.
However, when the user clicks the post button on the dbNavigator, at which
point I reset the read only property of all controls, the state of the
dbCheckBox returns to its previous state. This is not true however if before
clicking the post button, the user tabs off of the dbCheckBox, in that case
the control retains its new state. Has anybody else observed this behavior?
Any ideas on how to change it?

Thanks,
Bob Deeley