MS Visual Studio - Interbase - Ole DB

(posted in .thirdparty also)

hi,

i'm looking for a *working* ole db provider for interbase , but one that is
working inside the new Microsoft Visual Studio .NET  ide.

i thought it would be easy.. just try a few providers.. but help.. none of
them actually works !!!

i tried

-IBProvider
-SIBProvider
-IbOleDb

some details

most of them are able to get a list of the available tables/views/stored
procedures.. most of them also display's available, but NONE of them are
able to browse data.. (as far as my knowledge is about vs.net, it does
nothing more then a quoted sql select statement to retrieve the dataa)..

they all give errors like -> Item cannot be found in the collection
corresponding to the requested name or ordinal

i'm a doing something wrong ?
has it to do something with the quotes ( ") around the fieldnames /
tablenames that microsoft always uses ??

Re:MS Visual Studio - Interbase - Ole DB

Hi

> most of them are able to get a list of the available tables/views/stored
> procedures.. most of them also display's available, but NONE of them are
> able to browse data.. (as far as my knowledge is about vs.net, it does
> nothing more then a quoted sql select statement to retrieve the dataa)..

> they all give errors like -> Item cannot be found in the collection
> corresponding to the requested name or ordinal

> i'm a doing something wrong ?
> has it to do something with the quotes ( ") around the fieldnames /
> tablenames that microsoft always uses ??

Seems  this is the problem in implementation of IColumnsInfo::MapColumnIDs
I will try to decide it within next week. OK?

Thanks.
Dmitry Kovalenko

Re:MS Visual Studio - Interbase - Ole DB

Could it be possible that i've forget something in the paramaters ?
Does it mather , ole db providers , if it''s a dialect 1 / 3 interbase flie
(i tested both ofcourse)

if you have any suggestion / idea's .. everything is welcome.. i really dont
wanna switch to mssql ;)

"Kovalenko Dmitry" <d...@lcpi.lipetsk.ru> wrote in message

> Hi

> > most of them are able to get a list of the available tables/views/stored
> > procedures.. most of them also display's available, but NONE of them are
> > able to browse data.. (as far as my knowledge is about vs.net, it does
> > nothing more then a quoted sql select statement to retrieve the dataa)..

> > they all give errors like -> Item cannot be found in the collection
> > corresponding to the requested name or ordinal

> > i'm a doing something wrong ?
> > has it to do something with the quotes ( ") around the fieldnames /
> > tablenames that microsoft always uses ??

> Seems  this is the problem in implementation of IColumnsInfo::MapColumnIDs
> I will try to decide it within next week. OK?

> Thanks.
> Dmitry Kovalenko

Re:MS Visual Studio - Interbase - Ole DB

Greetings,

    SIBPROvider 2 is working and tested with .NET!
    You cand download it at
http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=16723
    In the next weeks we are working in the documentation its and
SIBPROvider2's website.

    Regards,
    Marcio Wesley Borges
    www.sibprovider.com

"Lucas Vos" <v...@lucrasoft.nl> escreveu na mensagem

> (posted in .thirdparty also)

> hi,

> i'm looking for a *working* ole db provider for interbase , but one that
is
> working inside the new Microsoft Visual Studio .NET  ide.

> i thought it would be easy.. just try a few providers.. but help.. none of
> them actually works !!!

> i tried

> -IBProvider
> -SIBProvider
> -IbOleDb

> some details

> most of them are able to get a list of the available tables/views/stored
> procedures.. most of them also display's available, but NONE of them are
> able to browse data.. (as far as my knowledge is about vs.net, it does
> nothing more then a quoted sql select statement to retrieve the dataa)..

> they all give errors like -> Item cannot be found in the collection
> corresponding to the requested name or ordinal

> i'm a doing something wrong ?
> has it to do something with the quotes ( ") around the fieldnames /
> tablenames that microsoft always uses ??

Re:MS Visual Studio - Interbase - Ole DB

Great !!

  Finally got some reason to stay on Interbase world.

  What's the price for the license ? will it be cheaper ??

  Regards ,
  Ang Lik Huar

"Marcio Wesley Borges" <marci...@technologist.com> wrote in message

> Greetings,

>     SIBPROvider 2 is working and tested with .NET!
>     You cand download it at
> http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=16723
>     In the next weeks we are working in the documentation its and
> SIBPROvider2's website.

>     Regards,
>     Marcio Wesley Borges
>     www.sibprovider.com

> "Lucas Vos" <v...@lucrasoft.nl> escreveu na mensagem
> > (posted in .thirdparty also)

> > hi,

> > i'm looking for a *working* ole db provider for interbase , but one that
> is
> > working inside the new Microsoft Visual Studio .NET  ide.

> > i thought it would be easy.. just try a few providers.. but help.. none
of
> > them actually works !!!

> > i tried

> > -IBProvider
> > -SIBProvider
> > -IbOleDb

> > some details

> > most of them are able to get a list of the available tables/views/stored
> > procedures.. most of them also display's available, but NONE of them are
> > able to browse data.. (as far as my knowledge is about vs.net, it does
> > nothing more then a quoted sql select statement to retrieve the dataa)..

> > they all give errors like -> Item cannot be found in the collection
> > corresponding to the requested name or ordinal

> > i'm a doing something wrong ?
> > has it to do something with the quotes ( ") around the fieldnames /
> > tablenames that microsoft always uses ??

Re:MS Visual Studio - Interbase - Ole DB

Greetings,

    To purchase one license of SIBPROvider you invest USD $18; for five
licenses, you invest USD $45; For one hundred and five licenses, you invest
USD $190; For five hundred licenses, you invest USD $500; For more licenses,
please contact us.
    Our goal is to distribute a provider that works, correspond to the
client's requirements, with a low price.

    Regards,
    Marcio Wesley Borges
    www.sibprovider.com

Other Threads