Inprise splitting into Inprise and Borland.com

InfoWorld (Feb 1, 1998 issure) has an article headlined "Inprise
divides company into two" stating that Inprise will become Inprise,
which will focus on enterprise software and Borland.com which will
become "a Web destination providing software developers with tools and
services including those from third parties"  One unhappy stockholder
was quoted in the article as saying "This new deal of splitting the
comapny is basically a way of shipping Borland products off to die"

Is this the obituary for Delphi and the other great Borland products?

Regards,
Vic Fraenckel

Re:Inprise splitting into Inprise and Borland.com

Victor Fraenckel wrote:

> InfoWorld (Feb 1, 1998 issure) has an article headlined "Inprise
> divides company into two" stating that Inprise will become Inprise,
> which will focus on enterprise software and Borland.com which will
> become "a Web destination providing software developers with tools and
> services including those from third parties"  One unhappy stockholder
> was quoted in the article as saying "This new deal of splitting the
> comapny is basically a way of shipping Borland products off to die"

> Is this the obituary for Delphi and the other great Borland products?

> Regards,
> Vic Fraenckel

I follow some threads in borland.public.delphi.non-technical and someone
posted a message from an Inprise employee:

  "WE ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO DEVELOP DELPHI AND GROW THE REVENUES"

'Borprise' is thinking of a JBuilder version for Sun Solaris and maybe Linux
(they are not going to make Delphi for Linux :-( for the moment). BCB
version4 is now shipping. I believe that great products sell themselves.
However, I find it doubtful that they split up the company. Didn't they
change last year the name from Borland to Inprise?

Sasan.

Other Threads