Another frustrating delphi glitch!!! (I assume)

It seems just for one project, it always stops as soon as I try to run
it and tell me that it can't find a .PAS file (happened to both
LHACOMP.PAS and DTUTIL.PAS). It has already compiled the executable, I
don't get any errors by pressing Ctrl-F9, it builds fine, but as soon
as I actually run the program it halts and gives me this error.

I am not accessing this file anywhere in the program. I first started
with DTUTIL.PAS, so I deleted that from the uses clause, then it moved
on to say it couldn't find the LHACOMP.PAS, I happen to be using an
important part of this unit and can't delete it from the clause. I
don't have the PAS files since they weren't shipped with the
component! I already had one of these quirky problems from Delphi and
I am praying that this one is the last - I am gettting really steamed!
I have even tried turning all debugging off, recompiling everything
including the component library!

I hope someone can help me!

beat RED in Nova Scotia,
Colin MacKenzie
Silicon Electronics
http://www.atcon.com/~cmackenz
Metro Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 864-3982

Re:Another frustrating delphi glitch!!! (I assume)

You're probably trying to use a D1 component in D2 or vice versa.
(Is that D2 in a D1 component?)

M.

--
Martin Larsson, author of several unknown utilities for DOS and Windows.
mailto:martin.lars...@delfi-data.msmail.telemax.no

Colin MacKenzie wrote:

> It seems just for one project, it always stops as soon as I try to run
> it and tell me that it can't find a .PAS file (happened to both
> LHACOMP.PAS and DTUTIL.PAS). It has already compiled the executable, I
> don't get any errors by pressing Ctrl-F9, it builds fine, but as soon
> as I actually run the program it halts and gives me this error.

> I am not accessing this file anywhere in the program. I first started
> with DTUTIL.PAS, so I deleted that from the uses clause, then it moved
> on to say it couldn't find the LHACOMP.PAS, I happen to be using an
> important part of this unit and can't delete it from the clause. I
> don't have the PAS files since they weren't shipped with the
> component! I already had one of these quirky problems from Delphi and
> I am praying that this one is the last - I am gettting really steamed!
> I have even tried turning all debugging off, recompiling everything
> including the component library!

> I hope someone can help me!

> beat RED in Nova Scotia,
> Colin MacKenzie
> Silicon Electronics
> http://www.atcon.com/~cmackenz
> Metro Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
> (902) 864-3982

it sounds like the units were compiled with debug information and you
still have debug on when you run.  The de{*word*81} may be trying to find
the source code.  Try building with the debug flags off.  Hopefully that
will help.

Mike

Other Threads