Required DLL to deploy applications.

Hello,

I have created an install kit for my application with IS (from the D3
CD).
When I run my app on a PC where DELPHI is not installed I get an error
looking like "OleSysError ...." (I do not use any explicit OLE
functions).

The more strange is that when I install D3 on the PC, and then
desinstall it, my application works fine !!!!

So I would like to know which DLL (or other file types) have to be
included in the Installation kit...(To create my kit I have already
added the BDE and the COMCTL32.DLL)

If anyone could help me to deal with that...

Thanks

Fabrice

--
Fabrice Bardey
FIFO informatique

Tel : 01 39 18 02 44
Fax : 01 30 78 01 11

Re:Required DLL to deploy applications.

You can use the TDump-Utility shipped with Delphi to find out which DLL's
will be required. I also have heard of an QuickView shipped with W95 to do
this.

Be sure, these OLE-DLL's will add about 8 MB of extra-space to your
distribution - I had the same problem after using the ChartFX-OCX. Thanks
to MS for this inconvenience and the giant DLL's.

Greets,

Olaf

Fabrice Bardey <bar...@fifo.fr> schrieb im Beitrag
<34237FE6.4...@fifo.fr>...

> Hello,

> I have created an install kit for my application with IS (from the D3
> CD).
> When I run my app on a PC where DELPHI is not installed I get an error
> looking like "OleSysError ...." (I do not use any explicit OLE
> functions).

> The more strange is that when I install D3 on the PC, and then
> desinstall it, my application works fine !!!!

> So I would like to know which DLL (or other file types) have to be
> included in the Installation kit...(To create my kit I have already
> added the BDE and the COMCTL32.DLL)

> If anyone could help me to deal with that...

> Thanks

> Fabrice

> --
> Fabrice Bardey