HELP HELP HELP.........PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hi,

Ok....

i want to write simple lines of text to a file and then call it again even
after the program has been closed and re-opened.

The text will be directory paths like:

'c:\my documents\'
'c:\temp\'
etc.

I can get the program to create and write into the file, and i think its
reading it back again, but when it does read it back, its of type
TFileStream not string which i need. Is there a conversion or another way of
reading the file?

Heres what i've got so far:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

implementation

{$R *.DFM}

var
DefaultDir: String;
s: string = 'C:\WINDOWS';
ReadString1: TFileStream;

procedure cast_string;

var
  fs: TFileStream;

begin
  fs := TFileStream.Create('file1.txt', fmCreate or fmOpenRead);
  fs.Write(PChar(s)^, Length(s));
end;

procedure TForm1.FileListBox1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
ShellExecute(Form1.Handle,'open',PChar(FileListBox1.Filename),'',PCHAR(FileL
istBox1.Directory),SW_SHOWNORMAL
)

FileListBox1.Directory := 'C:\My Documents\'

DefaultDir := 'C:\Windows\Desktop\';
FileListBox1.Directory := DefaultDir;

    cast_string;

{ReadString1 := TFileStream.Create('file1.txt', fmOpenRead);
FileListBox1.Directory := ReadString1;}

end;
end.

The procedure just above is where im having the problems.... I think!

Could u please help?

Thanks again, Very much appreciated!!

kiran.