Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences

I'm developing an application which uses Paradox tables created as
Paradox 4 tables.  I haven't converted them to Paradox 7 - is there
any benefit to doing this?  Are they faster, more features?

Thanks, Mark.

Re:Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences

i believe that your only added benefits are the addition of
different field types... i also believe that the BDE handles them the
same (4 or 7),
so i don't think there will be a speed increase.
Someone please let me know otherwise...
thanks..
-johnr

--
SPAM PROTECTED: REMOVE THE XX
mailto:xxromero@.alpha1.net

Re:Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences

 There are some new field types in 7 that were not available in 4.  As far
as the tables themselves, I do not think there is any real speed improvement
or other enhancements that would make you want to upgrade the tables to
level 7. There are a great many improvements in the Paradox 7 program, but
no so much in the way of table enhancements.

--
Greg R. Johnson
CompuCom

gjohn...@mail.icongrp.com
http://cgi.icongrp.com/~gjohnson/

Mark Jackson wrote in article <5tcerv$53...@news.mks.com>...

>I'm developing an application which uses Paradox tables created as
>Paradox 4 tables.  I haven't converted them to Paradox 7 - is there
>any benefit to doing this?  Are they faster, more features?

>Thanks, Mark.

Re:Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences

>i believe that your only added benefits are the addition of
>different field types... i also believe that the BDE handles them the
>same (4 or 7),

Minor difference, but Paradox 7 allows Descending indexes.

Chuck Gadd
Director of Software Development, {*word*104} FX Communications.
e-mail:cgadd-NOS...@{*word*104}-fx.com  http://www.csd.net/~cgadd
Remove the -NOSPAM from my email address to send me e-mail.
*** I boycott businesses that send me unsolicited email adverti{*word*224}ts ***

Other Threads