why there is two Pdoxusrs.lck and two paradox.lck files

Why my application create two pdoxusrs.lck and paradox.lck
in my paradox table directory C:\DATA
and
in my session.privatedir := 'C:\TEMP'

Thank in advance

Re:why there is two Pdoxusrs.lck and two paradox.lck files

"Jimmy Thai" <ji...@utama.co.id> wrote:
>Why my application create two pdoxusrs.lck and paradox.lck
>in my paradox table directory C:\DATA
>and in my session.privatedir := 'C:\TEMP'

This is how the BDE works.  For Paradox, directories are considered
databases.  A lock file is required for each database.  You have your
working database in c:\data and your temporary scratch pad database in
the private directory of c:\temp.
The paradox.lck is used for compatibility with very old versions of
Paradox tables when this was the name of the lock file.  Therefore you
have two .lck files in every open database directory.

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Other Threads