ADO error: Either BOF or EOF is True

Hi All,

I have a D5 app working with Paradox and BDE, at this moment, I need to
change to MS Access 97 and I like to incorporate ADO in order to use the
latest version of MS Access 2000 or SQL Server 2000, but unfortunately I
have had a problem.

When I use the ADOQuery I have needed to changes the LockType property to
ltReadOnly because if I put the LockType property to ltOptimistic the app
send me the exception

         Either BOF or EOF is True, or the currenct record has been deleted.
Requested operatios requires a current record.

Now, This exception is showed by ADO whe I use ADOTable too, but I must not
change the LockType property to ltReadOnly because I need to insert or
update information.

As reference, I am using MDAC version 2.60.6526.0

Thanks to all.
Jorge Elton

Re:ADO error: Either BOF or EOF is True

My only thoght is make sure you use the Jet 4.0 drivers and Access2000
databases only.  OLDB drivers always have given me AV errors.  And Access 97
is very buggy and is not compable with code written for A2000.  Using Jet
drivers should eliminate the errors you are getting.  Just use default
ADOTable/ADOQuery setting at start and work slowly from there after you get
it to work..

Bob

"Jorge Elton" <jel...@xades.com.mx> wrote in message

> Hi All,

> I have a D5 app working with Paradox and BDE, at this moment, I need to
> change to MS Access 97 and I like to incorporate ADO in order to use the
> latest version of MS Access 2000 or SQL Server 2000, but unfortunately I
> have had a problem.

> When I use the ADOQuery I have needed to changes the LockType property to
> ltReadOnly because if I put the LockType property to ltOptimistic the app
> send me the exception

>          Either BOF or EOF is True, or the currenct record has been
deleted.
> Requested operatios requires a current record.

> Now, This exception is showed by ADO whe I use ADOTable too, but I must
not
> change the LockType property to ltReadOnly because I need to insert or
> update information.

> As reference, I am using MDAC version 2.60.6526.0

> Thanks to all.
> Jorge Elton

Re:ADO error: Either BOF or EOF is True

Please search the newsgroup, this problem has been reported many times and
is to do with a change in behaviour of MDAC 2.6, there is an unofficial
patch on the Borland Web Site. Search for Mark Edingtons name.

-Euan

> Hi All,

> I have a D5 app working with Paradox and BDE, at this moment, I need to
> change to MS Access 97 and I like to incorporate ADO in order to use the
> latest version of MS Access 2000 or SQL Server 2000, but unfortunately I
> have had a problem.

> When I use the ADOQuery I have needed to changes the LockType property to
> ltReadOnly because if I put the LockType property to ltOptimistic the app
> send me the exception

>          Either BOF or EOF is True, or the currenct record has been
deleted.
> Requested operatios requires a current record.

> Now, This exception is showed by ADO whe I use ADOTable too, but I must
not
> change the LockType property to ltReadOnly because I need to insert or
> update information.

> As reference, I am using MDAC version 2.60.6526.0

> Thanks to all.
> Jorge Elton

Re:ADO error: Either BOF or EOF is True

    I have Mark Edington's patch. If you dont find it on the net, e-mail me
and i will send it to you.

    SSF

Euan Garden <euan.gar...@spicedham.usa.net> wrote in message

> Please search the newsgroup, this problem has been reported many times and
> is to do with a change in behaviour of MDAC 2.6, there is an unofficial
> patch on the Borland Web Site. Search for Mark Edingtons name.

> -Euan

> "Jorge Elton" <jel...@xades.com.mx> wrote in message
> > Hi All,

> > I have a D5 app working with Paradox and BDE, at this moment, I need to
> > change to MS Access 97 and I like to incorporate ADO in order to use the
> > latest version of MS Access 2000 or SQL Server 2000, but unfortunately I
> > have had a problem.

> > When I use the ADOQuery I have needed to changes the LockType property
> > ltReadOnly because if I put the LockType property to ltOptimistic the
app
> > send me the exception

> >          Either BOF or EOF is True, or the currenct record has been
> deleted.
> > Requested operatios requires a current record.

> > Now, This exception is showed by ADO whe I use ADOTable too, but I must
> not
> > change the LockType property to ltReadOnly because I need to insert or
> > update information.

> > As reference, I am using MDAC version 2.60.6526.0

> > Thanks to all.
> > Jorge Elton

Other Threads