Read/Write the parallell or serial port in NT

Hi!

Does anyone know how to access the parallell or serial port in NT? Someone
said something about making a kernel thread or something. How do i do that?

Please reply to my mailbox, 'cause I do not usually read the newsgroups.

Regards,
Henrik Landgren
h...@hem.passagen.se

Re:Read/Write the parallell or serial port in NT

Henrik Landgren wrote:

> Hi!

> Does anyone know how to access the parallell or serial port in NT? Someone
> said something about making a kernel thread or something. How do i do that?

> Please reply to my mailbox, 'cause I do not usually read the newsgroups.

> Regards,
> Henrik Landgren
> h...@hem.passagen.se

Should not be different from the other Windows versions if
you use the Windows API calls. There are some ready made
components, but the good ones (most flexibly usable) need
some $$.

chapters serial, Windows and Delphi page.

Franz Glaser

Re:Read/Write the parallell or serial port in NT

use the API comm functions or place your code in a DLL file or install the
directio.sys  driver in NT..
  Normally applications are not allowed direct access to the hardward ports
or any
of the hardware for that fact, how ever DLL files are used as a higher
level of
access, take care when playing with these stuff, you really should use the
API functions, this way you can determine the if the port is in use by
another
app ect..
  if you want to play with the Lines you can use the
 EscapeComm, you need to open a file to this , when done close the file
off...

Henrik Landgren <h...@hem.passagen.se> wrote in article
<35a8a4a...@d2o61.telia.com>...

> Hi!

> Does anyone know how to access the parallell or serial port in NT?
Someone
> said something about making a kernel thread or something. How do i do
that?

> Please reply to my mailbox, 'cause I do not usually read the newsgroups.

> Regards,
> Henrik Landgren
> h...@hem.passagen.se

Other Threads