Windows doesn't shut down while application is running

 Windows doesn't shut down while application is running

 The main problem is that my Delphi-application doesn't
 shut down when I want Windows to shut down over the
 windows-start-button. Windows restores, and so the application
 does (in its current state, minimized or max. or...)

 The point that puts me in trouble is that *no* closing
 procedure is called!

 (Normally "FormCloseQuery" should be called, even when Delphi
 "forgets" to call "FormClose"). So I don't get any chances to
 do anything. I don't see, too, that I had change any closing
 properities.

I have got now some further imformation I filtered out:

I made a list of all messages received by the application.OnMessage
event. Here is the end of this list ("known message": messageNr ):

else : 280
else : 280
else : 280
else : 280
else : 280
else : 280
Start-Button: 45057

The interesting point is that the last message received is when the
Windows-Start-Up-Button is pressed (here with the mouse). After that
no message was ever sent any more to the application (Actually there
should be sent an ending message at least. Whatever the application
then does is another question).
At the moment it seems I have a pretty bad chance to get any information

about what Windows is doing.

Any idea to make this better?

Thomas

Re:Windows doesn't shut down while application is running

Hi All
I readin with MyList.Loadfromfile(path) the file in
The lines which are started with a backslash '\' are not readin.
What I doing wrong.
Any hepl would be appriciated.
Kind regards
Mans

Re:Windows doesn't shut down while application is running

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 19:23:07 +0100, "m.joling" <m.jol...@caiw.nl>
wrote:

>Hi All
>I readin with MyList.Loadfromfile(path) the file in
>The lines which are started with a backslash '\' are not readin.
>What I doing wrong.
>Any hepl would be appriciated.
>Kind regards
>Mans

You don't mention what MyList is, I'm guessing it's a TStringList?

If so then I can't reproduce your symptom here (lines starting with a
'\' are loaded just fine).

If MyList is not a TStringList then I need more information.

Stephen Posey
slpo...@concentric.net

Other Threads