Installing D5 Enterprise

Hello all,

We are currently running Delphi 5 Pro, and are about to take delivery of
Delphi 5 Enterprise. I would like to know the simplest way of upgrading
while retaining my current configuration / installed components.

Thanks in advance,
Carl

Re:Installing D5 Enterprise

There isn't really a simple safe way.  You must uninstall D5 pro first.  There
is no way around that.  Then install D5 Ent and reinstall 3rd party packages.
There are some registry entries you could save off and re import, but I wouldn't
do that just incase you save off something that indicates Pro causing you
problems.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Live never to be ashamed if anything you do or say is published around the world

Re:Installing D5 Enterprise

In article <3856D90A.79635...@onramp.net>, overc...@onramp.net (Jeff

Overcash (TeamB)) wrote:
> There isn't really a simple safe way.  You must uninstall D5 pro first.
>  There
> is no way around that.  Then install D5 Ent and reinstall 3rd party
> packages. There are some registry entries you could save off and re
> import, but I wouldn't
> do that just incase you save off something that indicates Pro causing
> you
> problems.

Thanks for the reply, Jeff. I thought this might be the case. Not a
problem though. My e{*word*277}ment at getting D5 Ent far outweighs the hassle
of the upgrade <g>.

Cheers,

Carl Caulkett <car...@dircon.co.uk> wrote in message

memo.19991214224709.384...@carlca.dircon.co.uk...

> Hello all,

> We are currently running Delphi 5 Pro, and are about to take delivery of
> Delphi 5 Enterprise. I would like to know the simplest way of upgrading
> while retaining my current configuration / installed components.

> Thanks in advance,
> Carl

I had recently the same problem. I solved it this way (under NT 4.0).

1. Save in a file the CU/Software/Borland/Delphi/5.0 key using RegEdit.
2. Copy all the content of the Delphi 5 Pro folder somewere (e.g. from
    R:\Delphi to K:\Delphi). If common files are not ander the Delphi 5 Pro
folder
    copy them too.
3. Remap "somewere" as the original Delphi 5 Pro location (in my environment
    this i really symply because R: and K: are letters assigned to server
shares,
    if R: and K: are real disk you can use disk manager, if R: is the system
disk, well
    I don't know).
4. Uninstall Delphi 5 Pro.
5. Restore original folder mapping.
6. Install Delphi 5 Enterprise using the same folder location used for
Delphi 5 pro.
7. Restore CU/Software/Borland/Delphi/5.0 from the file.

I suppose Borland would not recommed this, but it works.

Best regards,
Mauro Venturini

m...@avm.org

Other Threads