Quicken like Auto Text / Auto Complete in D3?

Not easily unless you want to write custom components or find third party
components to do what you want. The incremental search is not difficult
using TTable.FindNearest in the OnKeyPress event handler of a TEdit.
Displaying the complete found string in the edit control you are typing into
is not easy with standard Delphi edit controls.

Bill
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Quicken like Auto Text / Auto Complete in D3?

Robert Thompson wrote:
> Can D3 be programmed to automatically find and select a record base on
> typed input - like Quicken finds the person to whom you are writing a
> check to after you have entered the person once?

    The InfoPower suite of DB controls (http://www.woll2woll.com/) has
several controls which support this functionality.  Delphi's native
controls do not, but you could write code to do it yourself if you cared
to...

    -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz   cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com
----------------  -----------------------------

Re:Quicken like Auto Text / Auto Complete in D3?

I think, that the TDBLokkupComboPlus-component from www.o2a.com is a good solution for your problem. They also have a non database component, so you can store a history of your entries in a stringlist. The price is much better than InfoPower. In InfoPower you also have to change the TTables and the TDatasources.

  Robert Thompson <robert.thomps...@sympatico.ca> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 382EE7CE.770D5...@sympatico.ca...
  Hello:
  Can D3 be programmed to automatically find and select a record base on typed input - like Quicken finds the person to whom you are writing a check to after you have entered the person once?

  Another example of what I mean is the way Netscape finishes what ever you type into the "Location" area on their web browser - if you've entered an address before, Netscape tries to complete your typing based on the characters that you have already type.

  (My guess is that there is one word to replace everything that I have just written!)

  Thanks for any help,

  Rob.

Other Threads