ESocketError: 10038: Socket operation on non-socket ???

Anyone seen this one before? or better, have an idea what the msg is
trying to tell me? The code involved is quit small (300 lines), and
the only web/net anything in it is a tnmhttp which pulls down a status
page, parses it,  and stuffs the results into a tmemo. The code
works on w98 ->xp, but on w95 one gets the above {*word*193}gram.
[the code does an initialize WSAstartup and a finalize WSAcleanup,
ie, winsock should be there and running]...  [and yes we understand
the lameness of the nm code, but for this app we're forced/stuck
with it.]  Anyone have any idea what "the problem" is, and how
one might work around/resolve it?
many thanks, greg

Re:ESocketError: 10038: Socket operation on non-socket ???

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:26:27 GMT, gmush...@gmdr.com (greg mushial)
wrote:

>Anyone seen this one before? or better, have an idea what the msg is
>trying to tell me? The code involved is quit small (300 lines), and
>the only web/net anything in it is a tnmhttp which pulls down a status
>page, parses it,  and stuffs the results into a tmemo. The code
>works on w98 ->xp, but on w95 one gets the above {*word*193}gram.
>[the code does an initialize WSAstartup and a finalize WSAcleanup,
>ie, winsock should be there and running]...  [and yes we understand
>the lameness of the nm code, but for this app we're forced/stuck
>with it.]  Anyone have any idea what "the problem" is, and how
>one might work around/resolve it?
>many thanks, greg

Adding one other piece of information: the error is occuring during
program initialization, ie, the http.get for the web page doesn't
occur until the user clicks a bitbtn - this is dying before the pgm's
form is even displayed.
again, thanks,

"greg mushial" <gmush...@gmdr.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:26:27 GMT, gmush...@gmdr.com (greg mushial)
> wrote:

> >Anyone seen this one before? or better, have an idea what the msg is
> >trying to tell me? The code involved is quit small (300 lines), and
> >the only web/net anything in it is a tnmhttp which pulls down a status
> >page, parses it,  and stuffs the results into a tmemo. The code
> >works on w98 ->xp, but on w95 one gets the above {*word*193}gram.
> >[the code does an initialize WSAstartup and a finalize WSAcleanup,
> >ie, winsock should be there and running]...  [and yes we understand
> >the lameness of the nm code, but for this app we're forced/stuck
> >with it.]  Anyone have any idea what "the problem" is, and how
> >one might work around/resolve it?
> >many thanks, greg

> Adding one other piece of information: the error is occuring during
> program initialization, ie, the http.get for the web page doesn't
> occur until the user clicks a bitbtn - this is dying before the pgm's
> form is even displayed.
> again, thanks,
> greg

Make sure that the Windows 95 computer has the Winsock update from
Microsoft.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Other Threads