Key Violation [Microsoft][ODBC][Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Query is too complex

Does Access 97 have a limitation on fields in tables? I have a table
that has 48
fields (not by my design!). I am using Delphi 4 and have created an ODBC
MS
Access 97 Driver/database connection.  When I attempt to delete a record
I call:

procedure TFTable1.Delete1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
FTable1.Delete;
end;

The cursor changes to a SQL cursor (not by my doing) and then I get this

message:

EDBEngineError with message Key Violation.
[Microsoft][ODBC][Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Query is too complex.

Here are the Settings for the database

Version : 5.0
Type: Server
DLL: IDODBC01.DLL
DLL32: IDODBC32.DLL
ODBC Driver: Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)
Trace Mode: 0
Batch Count: 200
Blob Size: 32
Blobs to Cache: 64
DataBase Name: c:\my documents\database\data.mdb
Enable BCD: False
Enable Schema Cache: False
Lang Driver: Access General
Max Rows: -1
ODBC DSN: MSAccess1
Open Mode: Read/Write
Row Set Size: 20
Schema Cache Size: 32
Schema Cache Time: -1
SQLPassThrough Mode: SHARED AUTOCOMMIT
SQLQRYMode: SERVER

____________________________

The table only has a primary key.

GEM

Re:Key Violation [Microsoft][ODBC][Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Query is too complex

>Does Access 97 have a limitation on fields in tables? I have a table
>that has 48
>fields (not by my design!). I am using Delphi 4 and have created an ODBC
>MS

The Access ODBC driver has a limit on the number of fields that can be updated.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads