Menu like Office 97

I have Delphi 4 and I try to build a menu like Office 97 from Microsoft.

To do this I use a TMainMenu component to build my menu like usual, but
I let the Menu property from my main form to Nil..
Then I use a TToolBar inside a TcoolBar component. I insert new buttons
in my TtoolBar. I set To True the TToolBars properties ShowCaprion and
Flat. Each buttons are attach to the menu by the MenuItem property.
Finally the Grouped property are set to True.

Now when I execute my programme the menu looks like Microsoft Office.
But my problem is when I use a MDI application. The menu is not refresh
automatically.
The second problem, when I realise an OLE component with Word the words
menu doesnt appear in my application. To resume the fusions menu
doesnt work.

Why ?

Thanks for your help.

Re:Menu like Office 97

Take a look at the new TMenuBar component
avalaible at www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi.
I hope it's the solution to your problem

Federico Favero

"Grgory DUHAMEL" wrote:
> I have Delphi 4 and I try to build a menu like Office 97 from Microsoft.

> To do this I use a TMainMenu component to build my menu like usual, but
> I let the Menu property from my main form to Nil..
> Then I use a TToolBar inside a TcoolBar component. I insert new buttons
> in my TtoolBar. I set To True the TToolBars properties ShowCaprion and
> Flat. Each buttons are attach to the menu by the MenuItem property.
> Finally the Grouped property are set to True.

> Now when I execute my programme the menu looks like Microsoft Office.
> But my problem is when I use a MDI application. The menu is not refresh
> automatically.
> The second problem, when I realise an OLE component with Word the words
> menu doesnt appear in my application. To resume the fusions menu
> doesnt work.

> Why ?

> Thanks for your help.

Re:Menu like Office 97

The TMenuBar component is only to simplify the work, but the result is the
same as mine. And so, the fusion's menu doesn't works again.

Federico Favero a crit:

> Take a look at the new TMenuBar component
> avalaible at www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi.
> I hope it's the solution to your problem

> Federico Favero

> "Grgory DUHAMEL" wrote:

> > I have Delphi 4 and I try to build a menu like Office 97 from Microsoft.

> > To do this I use a TMainMenu component to build my menu like usual, but
> > I let the Menu property from my main form to Nil..
> > Then I use a TToolBar inside a TcoolBar component. I insert new buttons
> > in my TtoolBar. I set To True the TToolBars properties ShowCaprion and
> > Flat. Each buttons are attach to the menu by the MenuItem property.
> > Finally the Grouped property are set to True.

> > Now when I execute my programme the menu looks like Microsoft Office.
> > But my problem is when I use a MDI application. The menu is not refresh
> > automatically.
> > The second problem, when I realise an OLE component with Word the words
> > menu doesnt appear in my application. To resume the fusions menu
> > doesnt work.

> > Why ?

> > Thanks for your help.

Other Threads