Automation with Access 97 problem

Hi,
I'm using Delpi 5's Access Server component to import a data file into
Access 97 and 2000. I've got Access97 and Access 2000 in my uses clause of
my program, and I've imported the Access2000 type library into my program.
Using an 'AccessApplication1.Connect' command works fine with Access2000 on
my own machine, opening Access automatically, but when I try to run the
program on another machine which only has Access 97 installed, the Connect
fails. Why is this? I've managed to do similar with Word and Excel versions
97 and 2000 and they work fine.

Re:Automation with Access 97 problem

<<Phil Collett:
when I try to run the program on another machine which only
has Access 97 installed, the Connect fails. Why is this?
I've managed to do similar with Word and Excel versions
97 and 2000 and they work fine.

They're a lot simpler. Access 97 and Access 2000 have
different underlying database engines - the components
can't be used interchangeably. Sorry.