Borland Pascal 7.0, RW writing to the Window

OK. I'm tearing my hair out.  I've decided to pull out the BP 7.0 and
do some coding after a looooooong haitus.

code:

FunctionProc := MakeProcInstance( @ABProc, Hinstance );
DialogBox( HInstance, 'OOPS', mWnd, FunctionProc );

OOPS (my Resource from Resource Workshop) is displayed. So far so
good.  The selection is made, and data is crunched. Now, the question:

How do I display the data without doing a FreeProcInstance and
EndDialog?

Thanks

Ray

Re:Borland Pascal 7.0, RW writing to the Window

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 01:04:52 GMT, stanmer...@atourclubdot.net (Stan

Merlin) wrote:
>FunctionProc := MakeProcInstance( @ABProc, Hinstance );
>DialogBox( HInstance, 'OOPS', mWnd, FunctionProc );

>OOPS (my Resource from Resource Workshop) is displayed. So far so
>good.  The selection is made, and data is crunched. Now, the question:

Hi Ray, excuse me, maybe I didn#t understand this because of language
problems..... But:
What do you want to know?????
Which data and which selection are you talking about?

>How do I display the data without doing a FreeProcInstance and
>EndDialog?

Where do you want to display your data? And why not closing the dialog
after work is done??????

Bye bye
- Ulli -
===
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you!"

Ulli Conrad
ucon...@gmx.net
http://www.gwdg.de/~uconrad1
Public PGP-Key at http://www.gwdg.de/~uconrad1/upgpkey.asc

ucon...@gmx.net (Ulli Conrad) wrote:
>On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 01:04:52 GMT, stanmer...@atourclubdot.net (Stan
>Merlin) wrote:
>>FunctionProc := MakeProcInstance( @ABProc, Hinstance );
>>DialogBox( HInstance, 'OOPS', mWnd, FunctionProc );

>>OOPS (my Resource from Resource Workshop) is displayed. So far so
>>good.  The selection is made, and data is crunched. Now, the question:
>Hi Ray, excuse me, maybe I didn#t understand this because of language
>problems..... But:
>What do you want to know?????
>Which data and which selection are you talking about?

One of the choices is to gather data from a file.  While the Dialog is
still diplayed (so other choices can be made, I want the data from the
file to print to the screen (The once created by the REsource
Workshop).

>>How do I display the data without doing a FreeProcInstance and
>>EndDialog?
>Where do you want to display your data? And why not closing the dialog
>after work is done??????

Because the Dialog gives options based on the data that is displayed.

Stan Merlin wrote in message ...
>OK. I'm tearing my hair out.  I've decided to pull out the BP 7.0 and
>do some coding after a looooooong haitus.

>FunctionProc := MakeProcInstance( @ABProc, Hinstance );
>DialogBox( HInstance, 'OOPS', mWnd, FunctionProc );

>OOPS (my Resource from Resource Workshop) is displayed. So far so
>good.  The selection is made, and data is crunched. Now, the question:
>How do I display the data without doing a FreeProcInstance and
>EndDialog?

I assume you'll want the main window to update itself...
How about sending a user-defined message to the main window? Or just force a
repaint using InvalidateRect?
--
Zweitze de Vries
Zweitze.at.iname.com