Board index » delphi » FAST PUTIMAGE AND GETIMAGE

FAST PUTIMAGE AND GETIMAGE

PLEASE
Could somebody write (again???) how to make FAST putimage and getimage in
BGI 640x460x16 mode !!

                                David Krmpotic

 

Re:FAST PUTIMAGE AND GETIMAGE


Quote
David Krmpotic wrote:

> PLEASE
> Could somebody write (again???) how to make FAST putimage and getimage in
> BGI 640x460x16 mode !!

>                                 David Krmpotic

If the standard GET- and PUTIMAGE-s aren't fast enough then why are you still
using BGI? In other words, I'm wondering if there's a (safe) way to make them
faster. Just curious.

Remco

http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/download.html

Re:FAST PUTIMAGE AND GETIMAGE


If we came to BGI, is there a way of rewriting PutPixel proc to a faster one?
I believe it would speed up all other procs (line, bar, etc)

Quote
David Krmpotic wrote:
> PLEASE
> Could somebody write (again???) how to make FAST putimage and getimage in
> BGI 640x460x16 mode !!

> ??????????????????????????????? David Krmpotic

--
|? Algirdas 'Ze{*word*104}' Kepezinskas
|? E-Mail: cy...@vil.ktu.lt
|? ICQ 14187537
|? URL: http://www.botepidemic.com/fmods
+---------------------------------------------------------
|? If time is killing you
|?????????????????? kill some for time..
?

Re:FAST PUTIMAGE AND GETIMAGE


PLEASE
Could somebody write (again???) how to make FAST putimage and getimage in
BGI 640x460x16 mode !!

                                David Krmpotic

Re:FAST PUTIMAGE AND GETIMAGE


Quote
>If we came to BGI, is there a way of rewriting PutPixel proc to a faster
one?
>I believe it would speed up all other procs (line, bar, etc)

I don't know how your understanding of the BGI procedures is, but
the BGI does definitively NOT putpixel for put-/getimage and bar.
BTW, there's no good way to improve the normal putimage - because
the display memory needs to be accessed planar. He should use a
256 color mode. My GrafX 1.x supports these modes extremely fast.
It's avalable at my homepage.

Bye,
Stefan
---
please remove the P in my email-adress to answer me
take a look @ my homepage: http://sourcenet.home.pages.de/

Re:FAST PUTIMAGE AND GETIMAGE


Quote
David Krmpotic wrote:

> Could somebody write (again???) how to make FAST putimage and getimage in
> BGI 640x460x16 mode !!

PutImage is fast enough. It has some speed degradation
because of clipping (for security), which could eventually
be omitted. But seriously: then you would have to add this
yourself.

There is one method to improve speed: hold the area small.

Franz Glaser

Re:FAST PUTIMAGE AND GETIMAGE


Quote
>David Krmpotic wrote:
>> Could somebody write (again???) how to make FAST putimage and getimage in
>> BGI 640x460x16 mode !!
>PutImage is fast enough. It has some speed degradation
>because of clipping (for security), which could eventually

There's no REAL clippin' in the BGI putimage. If an image wents
only one pixel over the clipping area, it's invisible. Anyhow,
even good clipping is not very CPU-intensive. It takes maybe
0,5% of the whole speed, even less...

Bye,
Stefan
---
please remove the P in my email-adress to answer me
take a look @ my homepage: http://sourcenet.home.pages.de/

Other Threads