Error: Canvas does not allow drawing

I get this error at design time when I attempt to resize the component.
It's basically a dial component.I have started getting this error when
I added the capability to identify the font of the labels on the dial.
I am not strictly positive that the errors are related to TFont
( I made some additional tweeks at the same time as well and I'm not
under any type of configuration control at the moment).

An additional side-effect of adding the fonts to the dial is that the
fonts do not change on the dial at design time. I perform a refresh on
the control in response to a SetDialText Event.