Stack Overflow

Hey, does stack overflow mean I've used up all the space on my stack? I
tried making all my objects pointers but I still get the error, whats up?

--

Thanks in advance,
Nikue Harlley

Re:Stack Overflow

Nikue Harlley wrote ...

>Hey, does stack overflow mean I've used up all the space on my stack? I
>tried making all my objects pointers but I still get the error, whats

up?

Stack overflow should never happen in a well done program.  Check that
you don't have any kind of hidden recursion in your program.  Check that
you haven't used recursion to solve a linear type of problem, since that
kind of problems tend to get very deep and thus use lots of stack.

-- (A would-be signature delimiter of OE)
Raimo Suonio, Helsinki, Finland
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/
Oikeinkirjoitusohjeita news- ja web-kirjoittajille:
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/oikeinkirjoitus/

Other Threads