Delphi 4 and 3Dfx /Direct X

Sorry Guys the only way you are going to use DirectX/3dfx stuff is by using
some converted DirectX headers,  Delphi 4 does not support DirectX any more
than Delphi 3 did.

Using the headers is quite simple if you understand DirectX/3d it is no
harder to code DirectX/3d in delphi than what it is in VC++.

Shane Osborne
webmas...@homepageweb.com
ps if you want the headers for delphi email me. (Delphi 3/4)

Re:Delphi 4 and 3Dfx /Direct X

That is a good question...

Borland does not actually show you how to use DirectX/Direct3d. Where
should we go to learn; all of the example books are in C/C++?

Perry

Shane Osborne wrote in message <35ab427...@nnrp1.news.uk.psi.net>...
>Sorry Guys the only way you are going to use DirectX/3dfx stuff is by using
>some converted DirectX headers,  Delphi 4 does not support DirectX any more
>than Delphi 3 did.

>Using the headers is quite simple if you understand DirectX/3d it is no
>harder to code DirectX/3d in delphi than what it is in VC++.

>Shane Osborne
>webmas...@homepageweb.com
>ps if you want the headers for delphi email me. (Delphi 3/4)

Re:Delphi 4 and 3Dfx /Direct X

Charlie Calvert did write a couple of articles about DirectX, I think I
remember seeing one in Game Developer magazine a while back.  I think he
also had something about it in Delphi 2 Unleashed, and who knows, might have
something in D4 Unleashed(hint hint).  Also there's a book listed on Amazon
about D4 and game/graphics programming due around January.
Mike Mormando
BEST Consultants
Perry wrote in message <6ombnb$...@sjx-ixn11.ix.netcom.com>...
>That is a good question...

>Borland does not actually show you how to use DirectX/Direct3d. Where
>should we go to learn; all of the example books are in C/C++?

>Perry

Re:Delphi 4 and 3Dfx /Direct X

The book listed in amazon is going to be a bit late for my
project (due in late September). I traded Email with the
books author John Ayres and he is still working on it.
He is also looking for sample game code if anyone
can help I bet he would appreciate it.

Would the calls in Delphi 2 (to DirectX) be the same as
in Delphi 4?

Perry

Re:Delphi 4 and 3Dfx /Direct X

All the samples which come with Direct X SDK can be converted to Delphi
easier enough.

Shane Osborne

Mike Mormando wrote in message <6onkpm$a...@forums.borland.com>...
>Charlie Calvert did write a couple of articles about DirectX, I think I
>remember seeing one in Game Developer magazine a while back.  I think he
>also had something about it in Delphi 2 Unleashed, and who knows, might
have
>something in D4 Unleashed(hint hint).  Also there's a book listed on Amazon
>about D4 and game/graphics programming due around January.
>Mike Mormando
>BEST Consultants

>Perry wrote in message <6ombnb$...@sjx-ixn11.ix.netcom.com>...
>>That is a good question...

>>Borland does not actually show you how to use DirectX/Direct3d. Where
>>should we go to learn; all of the example books are in C/C++?

>>Perry

Re:Delphi 4 and 3Dfx /Direct X

not quite due to the support for ole2/com
Perry wrote in message <6onui9$...@sjx-ixn5.ix.netcom.com>...
>The book listed in amazon is going to be a bit late for my
>project (due in late September). I traded Email with the
>books author John Ayres and he is still working on it.
>He is also looking for sample game code if anyone
>can help I bet he would appreciate it.

>Would the calls in Delphi 2 (to DirectX) be the same as
>in Delphi 4?

>Perry

Re:Delphi 4 and 3Dfx /Direct X

I am working on a game right now that is kind of cheesy.... but it will be
my first DX5 program.. so well you get the idea.  It is not 3D... but that
is the next project.  All of the source will be available.

It should be finished in about two weeks.  I am using the Headers and
components written by:

                Hiroyuki Hori   E-Mail: h...@ingjapan.or.jp
                Homepage: http://www.ingjapan.or.jp/hori/

Jeff Rafter, Realsoft Development
http://www.realsoftdev.com
jeffraf...@earthlink.net

Re:Delphi 4 and 3Dfx /Direct X

How did you get Hori's stuff to work? I have been wrestling with it
and do not have any idea what I am doing ;-).

Did you get his components (DelphiX) to work in Delphi 4?

Let me in on the secret PLEASE!

Perry

Jeff Rafter wrote in message <6pib7i$93...@forums.borland.com>...
>I am working on a game right now that is kind of cheesy.... but it will be
>my first DX5 program.. so well you get the idea.  It is not 3D... but that
>is the next project.  All of the source will be available.

>It should be finished in about two weeks.  I am using the Headers and
>components written by:

>                Hiroyuki Hori   E-Mail: h...@ingjapan.or.jp
>                Homepage: http://www.ingjapan.or.jp/hori/

>Jeff Rafter, Realsoft Development